Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've talked myself out of the .380 for optimum concealment, and narrowed my choice down to the new Nano...or Kahr's CM 9. Both are roughly ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano VS Kahr CM 9

I've talked myself out of the .380 for optimum concealment, and narrowed my choice down to the new Nano...or Kahr's CM 9. Both are roughly the same price, and I'm more familiar with Beretta products. One of my gun dealers talks highly of the CM 9. I understand the Nano has some issues with recoil spring...but I hear similar things about the CM 9.

Any two cent-loaners out there?

The Nano looks great, but it's a new gun. I would wait at least 6 months (longer is safer of course) before buying it. It's just too new for me to bet my money on it, especially when the CM9 is such a great gun.
    helderberg likes this.

I would wait. The Nano is a pickey eater I hear? Just has problems with certain bullets?? Dunno but the Kahr toss in the hat it seems?? Dunno either. IMO they should work straight out the box. Some ppl swear the Kahr Cm9 is flawless from the start some say break in nedeed. Some piece of crap. IMO if some are flawless then they all should be??? Dunno buy one and let up know :)

From the specs, I think the Nano is larger - more like a PF9 in size. If you are looking to pocket carry, the CM9 is about the limit.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I love my CM9, eats everything and is a joy to carry.
    franco45 likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Administrator
    The cm9 has a lot more street cred. The Nano is brand new, just hitting the shelves.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I too love my CM9. It has been flawless from day one and has very little felt recoil for a gun it's size. Great trigger also.
    stevez likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Handled a Nano today, neat gun but I think the trigger feels like plastic when it breaks and is a bit gritty. Kind of bulky in a brick sort of way and I like having a slide release which the Nano lacks. I did like the addition of the trigger safety.

I've got a PM9 and MK9 and I'd definitely pick the CM9 over the Nano. Just can't beat the Kahr trigger in a DA gun.

I could have easily picked up the Nano instead of another Kahr but I've never had an issue with my Kahr so the choice in another carry gun was easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Handled a Nano today, neat gun but I think the trigger feels like plastic when it breaks and is a bit gritty. Kind of bulky in a brick sort of way and I like having a slide release which the Nano lacks. I did like the addition of the trigger safety.

I've got a PM9 and MK9 and I'd definitely pick the CM9 over the Nano. Just can't beat the Kahr trigger in a DA gun.

I could have easily picked up the Nano instead of another Kahr but I've never had an issue with my Kahr so the choice in another carry gun was easy for me.

Same here. I have yet to see a DAO trigger that rivals the Kahr trigger.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I'm a Kahr fan, own a bunch of them and enjoy shooting them. That said; Beretta's reputation carries a lot of weight and if given a choice of which to have to use right out-of-the-box, it would be the Beretta. I've yet to handle a Nano, but it is #1 on my "look for" list. Kahrs have some great qualities but they also have some less desirable quirks. It's always a choice... a toss up as to which features one wants and desires on their gun and the priorities they place on said features.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    I love my CM9, eats everything and is a joy to carry.
    Yep. Also gave up on pocket .380's and found the CM9 to fit the bill just fine. 3 kahr's: K9, CW9, CM9. Never had any poroblems with any of them except I find I run out of bullets ($$$$$) when I go to the range!
    Philly Boy and stevez like this.

Nano

owning a kahr I found that if not cleaned every time shot it will fail on regular basis so purchased nano ran 500 hundred rounds through 6 dif loads no problems carried it for 2 weeks let it collect dust and lint from being in pockets car consoles an so on took it out shot 100 rounds no problems trigger might be slghtly better on my kahr but when buying a nano your not giving money to the moonies

Thumbs up

I bought a nano and did my qualifications with it. The gun ate everything I fed it, 115, 124, 147 mixed bag of ammo. Not one failure of any kind. Very accurate gun liked the S&B 115 the best. Only problem is finding a holster.
    marko54 likes this.

2 people I know had issues with the kahr right out of the box, both were sent back for work and now work well

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I buy any pistols i allway take it apart, look it over, clean, debure what may need it ,smooth or round edges mags too. Oil or grease what needs it and shoot it. I have a cw9 that a guy could not get to shot a mag full with out problems. After going thru it as I allways do I shoot 600 rounds with out cleaning, also with out a problems. Then bought cm9 for pocket carry and did the same with it. Another 600 rounds that week with not one single probem. If your useing a desent pocket holster you can't get lent,dirt or junk in general in the pistol. heck i work constrution and my pistol have never got'n dirty from pocket carry.Did the same thing with a KT pf-9 when people were whine'n about there junk KT. I really believe there maybe some people that just can't figure out a pistol type . Or just don't take the time to and sell off a pistol thats only problem is the owner.

I go to a forestry range often and can't believe how many people go to a gun shop ,buy there toy and then with ammo go straight to the range not knowing if there firarm is clean or lubed or even how it works and then some of us just step back and watch these people try to figure it out or whin about why there firearm does not work.

The money spent on your nano goes to italy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links