Kahr PM9 or Ruger SR9C?

Kahr PM9 or Ruger SR9C?

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 or Ruger SR9C? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have both the Kahr PM9 and the Ruger SR9C, both have been flawless, accurate, and as good as I could have expected. I carry ...

Thread: Kahr PM9 or Ruger SR9C?

Kahr PM9 or Ruger SR9C?

I have both the Kahr PM9 and the Ruger SR9C, both have been flawless, accurate, and as good as I could have expected.

I carry the S&W 642 revolver most of the time AIWB with a "Clip Draw" this is a very comfortable everyday carry when I do not need to tuck my shirt in.

The reason I don't carry the PM9 much is that when in a holster AWIB it is not as comfortable as the 642, hard to believe because dimension wise it is smaller, I shoot ok with both at self-defense ranges. The difference between the Ruger and the Kahr are not that much difference in size and the SR9C has 4 more rounds in almost the same size, the only difference is a little in width and an inch in length.

If I am going to carry a 9mm IWB or AIWB I would go for the more rounds, I have not been successful with pocket carry with the PM9 either unless I am wearing cargo shorts.

Conclusion the PM9 has become a safe queen, the SR9C will be my 9mm IWB, and the 642 my AIWB. I am going to sell the Kahr PM9 and use the money for another gun purchase in 45ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I have both the Kahr PM9 and the Ruger SR9C, ... ... ... I am going to sell the Kahr PM9 and use the money for another gun purchase in 45ACP.
    I will be honest with you, I have yet to hold a Kahr PM9. However, I have had a Ruger SR9c for 18 months, and have had the same experience as yourself.

You mention picking up a .45ACP.... 1911-style? I just picked up a real beauty, a Sig 1911 XO, and can't wait to take it to the range. I think that it will be a "real tack-driver."

1911 XO Black

Good luck with your next purchase!

YMMV,
    boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What's been the issue with pocket carry of the PM9? If you need some more depth to your pocket, a tailor should be able to do that fairly easily.

In any case, if it has been reliable I would not sell it. It is smaller than either of your other options, and you may yet find a need for it. Would make a good secondary as well.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    If you had the same holster for the cm9 why would it then not be as good or better than a pistol that is heavier and bigger. Sounds like a holster issue not pistol issue. If you had a comp-tac holster ,or atleast the ones with a leather backing you can change just the kydex and use the same leather backer on all three of your pistols.

Sponsored Links