Kahr Owners Unite! What'cha Got?

This is a discussion on Kahr Owners Unite! What'cha Got? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a PM9 that was broke day I go it. The cam work g was broke. Kahr offered to pay to ship it and fix ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Kahr Owners Unite! What'cha Got?

Got a PM9 that was broke day I go it. The cam work g was broke. Kahr offered to pay to ship it and fix it but I was too impatient and just ordered the part & fixed it myself. Been great ever since! BUT! the darn pistol would not slingshot the first round into the chamber at all! After I polished the interior of the slide and chamber tho, it slingshots beautifully and I could t b more happy with it!

2. Remove Ads

I love my CM9, and didn't experience any of the problems that I've read about.

I do have one question for other P/CM9 owners... I didn't notice when I got it, but it looks like the polymer frame under the barrel (dust cover) is "swelled" out a little bit. I really wish I had paid more attention to that before I took it out to the range. It doesn't seem to affect function, and the guide rails inside the frame seem to engage the slide properly. Is that the way it came, or is it new?

Also, there appears to be a gap between the slide and the frame behind the muzzle. It's enough that I can clearly see light through it.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

CW9. My primary carry.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I love my CM9, and didn't experience any of the problems that I've read about.

I do have one question for other P/CM9 owners... I didn't notice when I got it, but it looks like the polymer frame under the barrel (dust cover) is "swelled" out a little bit. I really wish I had paid more attention to that before I took it out to the range. It doesn't seem to affect function, and the guide rails inside the frame seem to engage the slide properly. Is that the way it came, or is it new?

Also, there appears to be a gap between the slide and the frame behind the muzzle. It's enough that I can clearly see light through it.
    Both are probably normal. When you say swell, does that mean that the frame bows out when you are looking at the front rails from the top? Any pics?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Both are probably normal. When you say swell, does that mean that the frame bows out when you are looking at the front rails from the top? Any pics?
    Yes, that's what I mean, and no pictures yet. With the slide installed, there's just a little (1/8" or less?) polymer on either side of the pistol that sticks out beyond the slide itself. If it ran the whole length of the gun, I wouldn't think anything of it, but it's just in that one spot.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

It's by design, they're all like that... same with the little notch on the metal strip, it's supposed to be there. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    It's by design, they're all like that... same with the little notch on the metal strip, it's supposed to be there. ;)
    I feel better now :) Thanks.
    Thunder71 likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yup, same here... Perfectly normal...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Yup mine is the same maybe for better release from the mould. Plus radius is stronger than sharp corner.

PM9 with 1000+ rounds and still going strong. (no issues thus far)

jpeg image hosting

You have a big head.
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

P380 Black with Night Sights.

Break in complete at 200 rounds and so far I have had no issues and it has worked perfectly for me. However my Brother in Law also shot the pistol several times through the break in period and he had issues nearly every time. I'd say there is, at times, absolutely an operator error factor in many of the issues reported on the web. I honestly saw it first hand.

I like the P380 so much that my next purchase will be a PM45.

No pics?
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

I have a CW9, 150 rounds into the break-in period. No problems so far. I bought it to have a slimmer alternative to my Beretta PX4sc for carry in lighter clothing. Seems like it will serve that purpose well.

CW9 everyday all day in the right front pocket :)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links