Kahr K9

Kahr K9

This is a discussion on Kahr K9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tell me why I should invest in one of these. I want something slim. It has certainly caught my eye....

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response

Thread: Kahr K9

Kahr K9

Tell me why I should invest in one of these. I want something slim. It has certainly caught my eye.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I have 2 Kahrs, but not the K9 (yet)... I love 'em (PM9, MK9). They are very good shooters and also great for carry with their slim design and phenomenal DA trigger.

I too am considering the K9, but have read that the trigger pull is real long. Need to test one out if I can find one locally

If you get a chance, look at the K9 Elite....polished stainless, and a great trigger. I played with a standard K9 that had the NYPD trigger and it had a matte stainless finish, and I did not care for the trigger. Hopefully, all K9's don't have the NYPD trigger?? Thunder71...do you know?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I like my K9 had a MK9 before the K9 & the Mk9 Was just to hard to grasp & to heavy for a pocket gun.

My K9 fits my hand well & is long enough that it dosent "tip out" when I carry it in an IWB holster and it is FLAT! I had a Glock 26 & it was a great pistol, lightweight easy to shoot & most of all reliable. But that 26 was for my build just to darn chubby!

My K9 is as thin as my 1911's and of course considerable lighter & shorter.....but its no 1911 when it comes to firing it.

That Kahr trigger is long & somewhat heavy so I would recommend that you try one before you buy one. I have a buddy that also had a Kahr and just could not master the trigger on his pistol or mine so he traded it off. Personally I think my trigger is close to a double action Ruger revolver and a somewhat heavy trigger on a defence gun makes good sense to me as does the fact the K9 has no externel safetys or hammer drop lever. Street smart.

I wont lie I'm a 1911 .45 guy. That is what I mostly carry. But I dont feel under armed when I carry my 9 mm Kahr. I find myself carrying that K9 more & more.

I'm not alone either I know for a fact a lot of our local police & sheriff deputys love the steel framed Kahrs for off duty carry.

By all means try one. This is one small 9mm that is very hard not to like.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Tell me why I should invest in one of these. I want something slim.
    Because you will not find a slimmer or higher quality sub compact anywhere.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    If you get a chance, look at the K9 Elite....polished stainless, and a great trigger. I played with a standard K9 that had the NYPD trigger and it had a matte stainless finish, and I did not care for the trigger. Hopefully, all K9's don't have the NYPD trigger?? Thunder71...do you know?
    You can get it either way (NYPD trigger is 1/2", standard is 3/8").
    K9 NYPD is K9093C
    K9 Standard is K9093 (no C at the end)

Hope that helps.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    other than the special order NYC trigger, all Kahr pistols have been equipped with the "elite trigger" for several years. The cammed action makes the entire pull, from beginning to the break smooth and equal feeling. A very smooth 6-7 lbs all the way through, and 100% consistant, shot after shot.

The Kahr trigger is, in my opinion, at the very top.

surv

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Because 9mm beats .380 every time. Good choice! :-)
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    other than the special order NYC trigger, all Kahr pistols have been equipped with the "elite trigger" for several years. The cammed action makes the entire pull, from beginning to the break smooth and equal feeling. A very smooth 6-7 lbs all the way through, and 100% consistant, shot after shot.

The Kahr trigger is, in my opinion, at the very top.

surv
    I'm not convinced the NYPD trigger is a special order. According to recent reports by recent buyers; Kahr is still shipping the K9 equipped with the longer NYPD trigger as the standard, and only trigger available, unless you buy the elite model. Kahr apparently has not yet begun including the short trigger as the standard.

I want something slim.
    All Kahrs are slim, one of the qualities that make them so suitable for carry. They are very compact as well, have good barrel length to overall length and good mag capacity. I fully endorse opting for the shorter elite trigger. I've had two K9s, one with the longer trigger and my current K9 with the elite. The elite is much better IMHO. Kahr should waste no more time putting the long trigger on any of their models.

The K9 is accurate and well made. Recoil is what you'd expect in a compact gun. While not as soft a full sized duty pistol, the K9 is easy to control, even with higher pressure rounds. If slim is the maid consideration the any Kahr fits the bill not just the K9. I find my favorite model is the TP9.

Beautiful guns IMHO. Any model you choose should deliver quality shooting time and range fun.

Sponsored Links