Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

This is a discussion on Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Local gun store has a used M&P 9 with Crimson Trace grips and 4 magazines for $499. Seems like a good deal to me. I've ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spec

Thread: Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

Local gun store has a used M&P 9 with Crimson Trace grips and 4 magazines for $499. Seems like a good deal to me. I've haven't heard much negative about these guns. What are your opinions on the gun? It won't get much carry time (if at all), more of a range/fun/SHTF gun. By the way, I'd be trading a FNP9 for this. It's been relegated to the safe since I picked up a Glock 19.

2. Remove Ads

new M&P's with the CT are about $700, so if the gun is in good shape, that is a sweet deal. If you do get the M&P, it will have a way of working into your carry rotation. It is an incredibly easy and accurate gun to shoot and carry.
    I also have an FNP 9 SAO, and for some reason the gun just doesn't do it for me. Nice gun.....shooting it is kinda like kissing your 80 year old great aunt.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

That is a great price indeed. I paid $420 for my M&P compact used. Add $300 for CT's and you can see the value. I guess my only question is why buy a gun with the CT grips if you don't plan to carry it? The M&P is an AWESOME platform with great ergos. You may just end up carrying it more than you think.

The gun is in great shape as far as I can tell. I'm not opposed to th CT grips at all. I carry a SP101 with them frequently. While I don't plan on carrying it, Im sure it will get worked. I just have guns now that work so well.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Get the M&P you will not be let down.... everyone I know that has one loves them.. including me..
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I have the M&P40, Dad, Uncle, and girlfriend have M&P9c, Boss has M&P40c and Manger has the M&P9.... all love them... great all around platform.
    oneshot likes this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I've had my M&P9 for about two years and love it. I purchased a Crimson Trace Laser Grip about six months after purchasing the M&P9 because at the time it was my carry piece. I like the M&P9 so much I purchased an M&P40 and it is my current carry piece with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip.

Links