Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

This is a discussion on Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Local gun store has a used M&P 9 with Crimson Trace grips and 4 magazines for $499. Seems like a good deal to me. I've ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spec

Thread: Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

Should I....S&W MP9 w/ CT Grips

Local gun store has a used M&P 9 with Crimson Trace grips and 4 magazines for $499. Seems like a good deal to me. I've haven't heard much negative about these guns. What are your opinions on the gun? It won't get much carry time (if at all), more of a range/fun/SHTF gun. By the way, I'd be trading a FNP9 for this. It's been relegated to the safe since I picked up a Glock 19.

new M&P's with the CT are about $700, so if the gun is in good shape, that is a sweet deal. If you do get the M&P, it will have a way of working into your carry rotation. It is an incredibly easy and accurate gun to shoot and carry.
    I also have an FNP 9 SAO, and for some reason the gun just doesn't do it for me. Nice gun.....shooting it is kinda like kissing your 80 year old great aunt.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

That is a great price indeed. I paid $420 for my M&P compact used. Add $300 for CT's and you can see the value. I guess my only question is why buy a gun with the CT grips if you don't plan to carry it? The M&P is an AWESOME platform with great ergos. You may just end up carrying it more than you think.

The gun is in great shape as far as I can tell. I'm not opposed to th CT grips at all. I carry a SP101 with them frequently. While I don't plan on carrying it, Im sure it will get worked. I just have guns now that work so well.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Get the M&P you will not be let down.... everyone I know that has one loves them.. including me..
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I have the M&P40, Dad, Uncle, and girlfriend have M&P9c, Boss has M&P40c and Manger has the M&P9.... all love them... great all around platform.
    oneshot likes this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I've had my M&P9 for about two years and love it. I purchased a Crimson Trace Laser Grip about six months after purchasing the M&P9 because at the time it was my carry piece. I like the M&P9 so much I purchased an M&P40 and it is my current carry piece with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links