Lets See Your Current Favorite Gun (That You Own)

This is a discussion on Lets See Your Current Favorite Gun (That You Own) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright everyone. I did a search and I didn't see any recent threads like this. Besides, if anyone else is like me, favorite guns change ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets See Your Current Favorite Gun (That You Own)

Lets See Your Current Favorite Gun (That You Own)

Alright everyone. I did a search and I didn't see any recent threads like this. Besides, if anyone else is like me, favorite guns change almost as much as underwear! So lets see 'em! Post pictures and details about it!

I'll start! (I'm no photographer, so I apologize in advance for that.)

XD9 Subcompact with a Viridian C5L carried in a custom thumb break holster made for me by Zlogonje Gunleather.

And here is the holster. Thanks to Dan at Zlogonje for the holster and this picture.
    ”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
    ~James Earl Jones

XD40 Service - XD9 Subcompact - Range Officer - M&P9 Pro - M&P40 Compact - P238

2. Remove Ads

Nice xd my dad has tghe same set up. I must admit a laser on a carry gun makes more and more sence to me.

Right now my favorite is a Springfield EMP. But I'm thinking a S&W M&P .40c might be the way to go, with the C5L

Quote Originally Posted by neverknow View Post
    Nice xd my dad has tghe same set up. I must admit a laser on a carry gun makes more and more sence to me.

Right now my favorite is a Springfield EMP. But I'm thinking a S&W M&P .40c might be the way to go, with the C5L
    I am a huge fan of the EMP. I also have a M&P .40C and the C5L fits great on it.
    ”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
    ~James Earl Jones

XD40 Service - XD9 Subcompact - Range Officer - M&P9 Pro - M&P40 Compact - P238

Springfield xd 40 full size
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Nothing's changed for me. I remain boring. I carried this one as the primary over the past weekend on a little security gig I infrequently do in retirement for gun hobby money and to help out friends.

Link:S&W Model 10: A Revolver For the Long Haul

It appears that a glitch has crept into the text since it was first posted having to do with some numerals and symbols. It's an old post so may have been corrupted.
    pistola likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I have started to carry this a bit more lately. When some new ammo gets in and I have a chance to run it through the paces, I might decide to make it a "winter" gun this year.

XD 45 Service Model. Crappy picture, I know.

ccman likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

This is my fave carry weapon, although I usually carry with a Kholster, not the picured Raven (unless I'mat home at night)

_MG_5444 for dc.jpg
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

Glock 19 (Gen 3) - Coyote Tan Cerakote

And you wanted details?

Ammo - COR-BON DPX 115 gr. +P
    Lube - SLiP 2000 EWL
    Sights - Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights
    Cerakote - Skunkwerks in Prescott Valley, AZ

Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

The gun I own that I am probably more attached to than anything else I have would have to be my 6" Model 19 S&W. I bought it back in the 1980s. I don't carry it but it has seen use for that purpose both with and without the proper licensing. At the time I bought it my work had me out of town a couple of nights each week in motels and often carrying sizeable sums of cash. The Model 19 felt mighty good to have with me then. It's got a permanent place in my collection and occasionally gets taken to the range.
    Attached Images
    pistola and scgunlover1 like this.

I've got prettier guns and most are more unique or interesting but this one is still my favorite handgun.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I guess I don't know how to post a pic from my IPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Glock 19

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My HK 91

I bought this HK 91 used in the mid 90's for $1,000. It means a lot to me, because I used to shoot an HK 93 a fair amount with my father in the 80's.. it was always my favorite in his collection. He had to sell that 93 for financial reasons at one point, so when I saw this 99% mint 91 at the LGS.. I couldn't resist. It has been a good investment, and gone up in value over the years. This is an old picture (along with old carpet.. ugh!), and I have since added an original German Hensoldt 4x scope. It is pretty much a safe queen, and one of the last firearms I would part with if push came to shove.

IMG_3590.jpg

Right now I'm going back and forth between my two new ones.

Attached Images
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

VIP Member
    Mine is my DW 1911.

007.jpg
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links