Keltec customer services ,Sucks!!

This is a discussion on Keltec customer services ,Sucks!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I having some problems with my p11 ,so I call CS to get a shipping label to send the gun in for repair , they ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Keltec customer services ,Sucks!!

Keltec customer services ,Sucks!!

I having some problems with my p11 ,so I call CS to get a shipping label to send the gun in for repair , they told me i have to pay for shipping if the gun is older than 90 days ,This is the only company doing this and is so wrong

it not my fault the gun is not working.

I guess I done with keltec firearms
    pps likes this.

2. Remove Ads

And yet, some people wonder why their version of a gun is only half the cost. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    And yet, some people wonder why their version of a gun is only half the cost. :)
    now I know

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan23 View Post
    I having some problems with my p11 ,so I call CS to get a shipping label to send the gun in for repair , they told me i have to pay for shipping if the gun is older than 90 days ,This is the only company doing this and is so wrong

it not my fault the gun is not working.

I guess I done with keltec firearms
    There are others that will not pickup shipping for repairs but Kel Tec usually is known for good CS.......but there are real reasons their products sell at the low price point they do. And its not that KT does not want to make a profit. They cut corners with quality of materials and build quality.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    There are others that will not pickup shipping for repairs but Kel Tec usually is known for good CS.......but there are real reasons their products sell at the low price point they do
    can you tell me what other company do this so i can avoid it.

I'm sure someone will say Kahr, however all you have to do is ask for a return shipping label. Heck, just this morning I emailed them about a magazine that is potentially causing me grief. I got a response back right away saying they were sending a new one with a return label to send the one in question back.

Works for me!

For what it's worth, I do not believe you have to go through an FFL so long as the item is being sent in for repairs - worth checking into. You'd want to avoid USPS for obvious reasons however.

Administrator
    I guess I'm odd- I really don't mind paying for shipping. Its been my experience with 15 years or so in the industry that most problems are owner/shooter induced. Not saying its the case this time, but I'd get tired of paying for shipping on items people broke out of their own stupidity.

I've had good luck with Keltec and their customer service over the years.
    Doodle likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess I'm odd- I really don't mind paying for shipping. Its been my experience with 15 years or so in the industry that most problems are owner/shooter induced. Not saying its the case this time, but I'd get tired of paying for shipping on items people broke out of their own stupidity.

I've had good luck with Keltec and their customer service over the years.
    well in my case every round i fired jams and the takedown pin go flying,
    i dont need t pay for they mistake , my glock 23 got over 7k fired with no issues

I have a bunch of Keltecs. Never had to use their customer service because I've never had an issue. Keltec saves money in the finishing process, and does not use "low quality" materials where it counts as noted above.
    If that were the case the P11 would not still be going strong since 1995, and the PF-9 would not be almost impossible to find in the gun stores. Because a gun does not look like a Kimber in appearance is not a reason to say they are crap.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I have a bunch of Keltecs. Never had to use their customer service because I've never had an issue. Keltec saves money in the finishing process, and does not use "low quality" materials where it counts as noted above.
    If that were the case the P11 would not still be going strong since 1995, and the PF-9 would not be almost impossible to find in the gun stores. Because a gun does not look like a Kimber in appearance is not a reason to say they are crap.
    I not saying the gun is crap ,this is my first time i had problems with the p11 after 900 rds fired ,but they customer services yes is crap , this company make so much profits to be like this really sucks
    pps likes this.

My KT's (Sub2000 and P3AT) have worked as advertised. You do get what you pay for. The fit and finish isn't phenomenal, I've worked a few plastic burrs with the dremel, they are a little finicky with ammo, and I hate the plastic trigger, but alas, what do you expect from a $289 gun. When I pull the trigger, it goes bang. I'll never detail strip that little pea shooter again. What a nightmare to reassemble. Four hands, a vise, and some dental tools to get those microscopic springs back in place.
    The only CS I've ever dealt with is Smith & Wesson. Quick turn around, and they sent me another magazine back with the gun. For whatever that cost them, I've bought three more since then.

Me have in past two shipped gun with problem two it is maker to get help to fix it. But never have paid to ship it their.

OK seriously … this is the first time I have ever heard that K-T wouldn’t pay for shipping? Have you asked them too respectfully?? And I do think also, that they have a life-time warranty regardless of being the original owner or not???

You said you didn't have any problems until after shooting about round number 901, but didn't say what went awry? What needs to be fixed??

K-T is said to have the best CS there is, second to none. They will send you replacement parts {a lot of times for free, help you fix stuff over the phone, and if you go to the < KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > there is tons of helpful info and lot`s ah people there that will help you out too. But you have to behave in a civil-manor too.

Some manufactures will not pay for shipping to them and back to you regardless of how long ago you bought it, and regardless of what the problem is, even if it is a three-day-old since you bought it new out of the box warranted repair.

Sometimes though, if you come on TOO STRONG the person on the other end of the phone isn’t going to do as much as they can do to help you because you dumped your glass of spilt milk in their lap.

But if you play nice about it, they will sometimes do things to help you out that they are not supposed to do too.

Try and remember “you are” “wanting them” to help you, so it is nice to be nice, so “they will” “want to” help you.

You can not as an individual send firearms by way of USPS I believe only an FFL can do that. If you are sending a firearm personally to the manufacturer for what ever reason you can use UPS but have to over-night it. It can cost $30 to $50 buck for a handgun each-way, but I never shipped a long gun. I have had to send stuff in for repairs, and had some replacement parts sent to me, and being nice to be nice I haven’t had to pay for any shipping let a lone parts yet.
    Diddle and ccman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Me have in past two shipped gun with problem two it is maker to get help to fix it. But never have paid to ship it their.

OK seriously … this is the first time I have ever heard that K-T wouldn’t pay for shipping? Have you asked them too respectfully?? And I do think also, that they have a life-time warranty regardless of being the original owner or not???

K-T is said to have the best CS there is, second to none. They will send you replacement parts {a lot of times for free, help you fix stuff over the phone, and if you go to the < KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > there is tons of helpful info and lot`s ah people there that will help you out too. But you have to behave in a civil-manor too.

Some manufactures will not pay for shipping to them and back to you regardless of how long ago you bought it, and regardless of what the problem is, even if it is a three-day-old since you bought it new out of the box warranted repair.

Sometimes though, if you come on TOO STRONG the person on the other end of the phone isn’t going to do as much as they can do to help you because you dumped your glass of spilt milk in their lap.

But if you play nice about it, they will sometimes do things to help you out that they are not supposed to do too.

Try and remember “you are” “wanting them” to help you, so it is nice to be nice, so “they will” “want to” help you.

You can not as an individual send firearms by way of USPS I believe only an FFL can do that. If you are sending a firearm personally to the manufacturer for what ever reason you can use UPS but have to over-night it. It can cost $30 to $50 buck for a handgun each-way, but I never shipped a long gun. I have had to send stuff in for repairs, and had some replacement parts sent to me, and being nice to be nice I haven’t had to pay for any shipping let a lone parts yet.
    i talked to 2 managers and both told me the same after 90 days customer have to pay shipping keltec policy
    pps likes this.

There are several other companies who do not pay shipping. Beretta does not. Word is that FN no longer pays. I've seen other names mentioned too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    My KT's (Sub2000 and P3AT) have worked as advertised. You do get what you pay for. The fit and finish isn't phenomenal, I've worked a few plastic burrs with the dremel, they are a little finicky with ammo, and I hate the plastic trigger, but alas, what do you expect from a $289 gun. When I pull the trigger, it goes bang. I'll never detail strip that little pea shooter again. What a nightmare to reassemble. Four hands, a vise, and some dental tools to get those microscopic springs back in place.
    The only CS I've ever dealt with is Smith & Wesson. Quick turn around, and they sent me another magazine back with the gun. For whatever that cost them, I've bought three more since then.
    springfield did the same with my xdm40 ,they paid for shipping and send me a free mag for the hassle ,
    pps likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links