M&P9c vs G19 gen4... Value

This is a discussion on M&P9c vs G19 gen4... Value within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I researched both and have shot both and like both. I'm only interested in gen4 glock (want smaller grip option). I can get the m&p9c ...

View Poll Results: M&P9c v. Gen4 G19 (Value)

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • M&P9c

32 57.14%
  • Gen 4 G19

24 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: M&P9c vs G19 gen4... Value

M&P9c vs G19 gen4... Value

I researched both and have shot both and like both. I'm only interested in gen4 glock (want smaller grip option). I can get the m&p9c with 2 mags about a hundred bucks cheaper then gen 4 with 3 mags. I have no other glock/mp/xd and need to fill that reliable, rock solid, polymer, all around service pistol niche. What do you guys think on the value quotient. I'm not worried about mp9c size bc i don't have big hands, and I can get 17 rd mags anyway. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd buy the M&P over the Gen4 in this case.
    vista461 and hogdaddy like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I really like Glocks, which is why I've avoided Gen4.

Get the M&P.
    vista461 and zonker1986 like this.

At a hundred dollars cheaper, the M&P seems like a good value for you. For me, I refuse to support S&W in any form or fashion because I'm still bitter about S&W selling out to the anti-gun crowd during the Clinton administration.

I have two Gen4 Glock's, a 22 and 23, both .40. I've had no issues with either. I don't have an M&P but I have a LEO friend here in Austin who carries the M&P and really likes it. Either one should be reliable.

M&p, it is easy to shoot, acurate, and super ergo, its like its meant to be in your hands
    smolck likes this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

I've shot the M&PC and it did okay.

I didn't really care for the trigger and liked my Gen 3 G19 a lot more.

However, I'd buy the M&PC over the Gen 4.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    I carried an M&P9C for a while and found that a (Gen 3) G26 shot easier (less felt recoil) for me than the M&P. I'd still like to try a larger M&P, though. Can you by chance shoot both guns to get a comparison?
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

If all Glocks were recalled tomorrow, I'd carry my M&P's. Go with the 9C.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Both are fine guns. Hard to go wrong either way.

Distinguished Member
    I think the M&P will provide the best bang for your buck. ;)
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

For $100 difference, I'd go with the M&PC. I have the G26, had the M&P and it was a nice gun, but I wanted a Glock and am happy with it. You could be happy with either one, but I think my Gen. 3 is better than the Gen.4.(JMO).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Either would be a winner IMO.I have two Gen 4s (26,17).The 17 has 2025 assorted rounds through it with no stoppages.The 26 has 1500+(stopped counting)with no stoppages.Santa's bringing a Gen 4 19.

The M&P9c will serve you well. It is boring reliable and accurate. I think recoil is handled very easily and allows me to carry it without the pinky extender mags (for max concealment) and not give up any accuracy or confidence.

I've never liked Glocks personally, but they are fine weapons. But that $100 you save could buy you a really nice holster or a bunch of ammo
    Philly Boy likes this.

I would get the m&p. I have shot several glocks and the m&p feels Mich better IMHO. Cheaper and in my opinion I would take a m&p over any Gen glock. I love Smith reguardless of there political standing. They make great guns period. And there made in America.

I've had a Glock 23 for 12 years because Glock was the only weapon we could have on our swat team. I learned to shoot it pretty well, but I never liked the fit for my medium hands. I've been wanting to get rid of it for a Gen 4 Glock 19 for a while now but have been shying away from getting a Gen 4 because of the history of erratic ejection problems.

I also have an XD9sc for a couple years now and really like it fine. No complaints.

Yesterday I had my first opportunity to see, handle and check out a S&W M&P. For me, I was quite surprised to find it fits my hand probably 70% than any Glock ever did. I also got to hold an handle one of the Gen 4 G-19's and while it fit my hand a little better than the Gen 3's, it was no where near as dramatic as the M&P.

After getting a chance to really handle, inspect and discuss the virtues of two guys personal M&P 45 and M&P 9mm's I'm convinced my next purchase is going to be the M&P. I think I'll add an Apex trigger kit and Trijicon HD night sights too.

Even though I've yet to shoot one, from what I've heard here and elsewhere, they are sweet shooters. I'm really kind of sold on the M&P for right now.

I'm just not going to risk getting a Gen 4 Glock with bad/erratic ejection issues, even though it can be fixed... why hassle with it?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links