Defensive Carry banner

CZ P-01 vs P-02 (Omega) vs 75D

28K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  clarkston_cz 
#1 ·
I've been bit by the CZ bug and am anxiously waiting to buy either a CZ P-01, P-02 (P-01 w/ an Omega trigger system), or a 75D.

==P-01 & P-02==
Light rail
Standard CZ sights
No loaded magazine indicator
Rubber mag base plate
Slightly heavier

==75D==
No light rail
Novak sights
Loaded magazine indicator
Flat (flush) mag base plate
Slightly lighter

I know the P-01 and 75D have been in production for a while, where the P-02 Omega was released this year (although it's not in their catalog). The Omega trigger system has fewer parts (easier disassembly), but is not compatible with the .22 conversion kit (which I wouldn't use anyway).

I feel like these guns are VERY similar and one of them might reach its end-of-life. I don't want to get caught buying something that doesn't exist in a year and I can't get manufacturer's parts for. Do you think the introduction of the P-02 will mean the P-01 or 75D is going away?

See less See more
#2 ·
No. CZ would be crazy to end the 75D. They might end the 01, but I kinda doubt that too. Even if they did cut the 75, it has been such a prolific model worldwide, you will not have an issue getting parts. The 01 and 02 share most everything, so parts would not be an issue there either.

#3 ·
UPDATE: Just talked to CZ Custom about the Omega trigger system. He said he only has five P-02 Omega's in stock -- CZ sent him a few, but it says "CZ 75 9mm Omega" on the slide, not P-02. They did the same thing with the P-01 to test it out, prior to re-tooling to stamp it on the slide. This means that the P-02's available now are "first-cut" and it would likely he hard to find parts if I had problems (at least with the trigger).

Other thoughts: The 75 D has a much better feeling trigger out of the box, but the P-02 Omega is said to get smoother with time. If you plan on doing a trigger job, either get the 75 D or P-02 -- won't make a difference.

The 75 D is used by the Czech Police Detectives and was designed to be a snag-free CC gun. CZ didn't think of the P-01/P-02 to be a CC gun (although it works fine for that purpose). Having a flush mag plate helps a little with CC (a vote for the 75 D).

In the end, I ordered the 75 D for greater parts availability, snag free sights, and the flush base plate. Will post pictures when it arrives!

#4 ·
75D? Did you buy the PCR?

Probably a better gun if you don't want the P-01's light/laser rail, and wish to pass on any RAMI goodness.

Any plans for grips or holsters?

#5 ·
I had an older P01 with CZ 75D Compact written on the slide. It was an AWESOME pistol. I still miss it daily.

#10 ·
Just got the dreaded phone call. He said the dealer sold out just before his website updated stock.

Found another dealer near me that can order it, though. Said it will take about a week -- total is $529 + tax.

Any IWB holster recommendations in the $50-$80 price range? I checkout out High Noon but they're a little too expensive for me.

#16 ·
Any IWB holster recommendations in the $50-$80 price range? I checkout out High Noon but they're a little too expensive for me.
I have kydex IWB holster from copshop.cz - mine is CZ 75 D Compact vnit?ní, for 75 D compact (w/o rails) should be CZ 75 Compact vnit?ní. Not sure if they sent stuff also abroad, though if anyone is interested I can ask them (unfortunately it appears they don't have english version of the site).

#13 ·
I love CZ's. I bought a CZ 40P 2 weeks ago. They don't make this model but I love the way it feels in my hand. Unfortunately I had a FTF after nearly every single round. I ordered new magazine springs and I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

The one gripe I have against CZ is that their warranty sucks compared to other firearms manufacturers. Why not offer a lifetime warranty and stand behind your work?

#17 ·
CZ 75Ds will never go away,the P02 is just a revised P01(different trigger)
The PCR ( I own) is a light weight alum frame compact ,P01 is a railed steel frame compact and a P02 is a Railed steel framed compact w Omega

I personally have no need for a railed compact but to each his own

CZs rock,i absolutely love shooting mine I just wish they made a polymer 45 like their P09

#18 ·
I recently got the P-02 (with manual safety).
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

I have it for short time, so below are more like just first impressions that a long-term review.
What I like:
- carry conditions
- the fit to hand
- shooting feeling and accuracy
- carry size/feeling

Feel/ergonomy
Fits nicely into hand, recommend a magazine with rubber bottom (both are like that out of the box) - tried also with steel plate bottom, but that steel bottom feels worse, since it a bit presses on the little finger.

Carry
Good size for carry, of course it's compact (not sub-compact), so the t-shirt should be reasonably loose and long. Got an IWB kydex holster for it and am very satisfied - I feel having it, but it does not press into the body or anything. Also no problem in car (though it'd be very difficult to draw when seated in car).
It can be carried: cocked & locked, decocked (manually) and unlocked, decocked and locked (must be on safety stop, not fully down).

Sights
The dots are rather small, I would not mind if they were bigger, but so far no problem (though have not tested in dark conditions yet). The sight construction should allow pulling the slide with one hand, though I haven't yet tested it.

Disassembly
Field stripping is pretty much the same as any other CZ75, just since this one is new it helps to have the tool they sell for it to remove the slide stop.
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

Shooting
Overall, I really like the omega trigger - though I find the non-omega one on other CZ also good. In my opinion the gun is precise and any misses are caused "by the human, not by the tool" :) - at least in my case.
In SA mode is feels nice, the force needed to be applied suits me well. There is just one thing I noticed - when pulling the trigger slowly, just before the cock to be dropped, I can feel a minor extra resistance - I guess it's the firing pin block being raised. Though I would not want to get rid off the firing pin block.
DA mode is rather heavy on the pull and since I have not basically shoot in DA mode before, I'll need to practice that. So far the DA shots go rather down for me.
Below is a practice target - it includes shots on 10, 15, 20 and 25 meters. 25 meters are the non-covered holes and for this distance the aiming was a "careful" one. For the rest normal aiming was done. The DA shots are those with red marks next to them and they were done from 10 meters distance.
Shooting sport Spiral Shooting Recreation Shooting range

Shooting sport Recreation Shooting Circle Precision sports

The ammo used was Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.