CZ P-01 vs P-02 (Omega) vs 75D

This is a discussion on CZ P-01 vs P-02 (Omega) vs 75D within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been bit by the CZ bug and am anxiously waiting to buy either a CZ P-01, P-02 (P-01 w/ an Omega trigger system), or ...

Thread: CZ P-01 vs P-02 (Omega) vs 75D

CZ P-01 vs P-02 (Omega) vs 75D

I've been bit by the CZ bug and am anxiously waiting to buy either a CZ P-01, P-02 (P-01 w/ an Omega trigger system), or a 75D.

==P-01 & P-02==
    Light rail
    Standard CZ sights
    No loaded magazine indicator
    Rubber mag base plate
    Slightly heavier

==75D==
    No light rail
    Novak sights
    Loaded magazine indicator
    Flat (flush) mag base plate
    Slightly lighter

I know the P-01 and 75D have been in production for a while, where the P-02 Omega was released this year (although it's not in their catalog). The Omega trigger system has fewer parts (easier disassembly), but is not compatible with the .22 conversion kit (which I wouldn't use anyway).

I feel like these guns are VERY similar and one of them might reach its end-of-life. I don't want to get caught buying something that doesn't exist in a year and I can't get manufacturer's parts for. Do you think the introduction of the P-02 will mean the P-01 or 75D is going away?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    No. CZ would be crazy to end the 75D. They might end the 01, but I kinda doubt that too. Even if they did cut the 75, it has been such a prolific model worldwide, you will not have an issue getting parts. The 01 and 02 share most everything, so parts would not be an issue there either.
    "Just blame Sixto"

UPDATE: Just talked to CZ Custom about the Omega trigger system. He said he only has five P-02 Omega's in stock -- CZ sent him a few, but it says "CZ 75 9mm Omega" on the slide, not P-02. They did the same thing with the P-01 to test it out, prior to re-tooling to stamp it on the slide. This means that the P-02's available now are "first-cut" and it would likely he hard to find parts if I had problems (at least with the trigger).

Other thoughts: The 75 D has a much better feeling trigger out of the box, but the P-02 Omega is said to get smoother with time. If you plan on doing a trigger job, either get the 75 D or P-02 -- won't make a difference.

The 75 D is used by the Czech Police Detectives and was designed to be a snag-free CC gun. CZ didn't think of the P-01/P-02 to be a CC gun (although it works fine for that purpose). Having a flush mag plate helps a little with CC (a vote for the 75 D).

In the end, I ordered the 75 D for greater parts availability, snag free sights, and the flush base plate. Will post pictures when it arrives!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    75D? Did you buy the PCR?

Probably a better gun if you don't want the P-01's light/laser rail, and wish to pass on any RAMI goodness.

Any plans for grips or holsters?
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

I had an older P01 with CZ 75D Compact written on the slide. It was an AWESOME pistol. I still miss it daily.

I ordered the #91194 which I understand is a CZ 75 D PCR. I bought it at LowPriceGuns.com, their shop is ten minutes from my house. Best part, he two day air mails all handguns so it should arrive Monday!

$508.37 - CZ 75 PCR Compact Pistol - 9mm - 3.9" Barrel - Black Finish - - Fixed Sights - Decocker - 1.7 lbs - (2) 14+1 Round Mags - 91194

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tts View Post
    I ordered the #91194 which I understand is a CZ 75 D PCR. I bought it at LowPriceGuns.com, their shop is ten minutes from my house. Best part, he two day air mails all handguns so it should arrive Monday!

$508.37 - CZ 75 PCR Compact Pistol - 9mm - 3.9" Barrel - Black Finish - - Fixed Sights - Decocker - 1.7 lbs - (2) 14+1 Round Mags - 91194
    Just wondering why you are mailing a gun that is ten minutes down the road-

And, I think you made an awesome choice. Be sure to post pictures when you get it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Just wondering why you are mailing a gun that is ten minutes down the road-

And, I think you made an awesome choice. Be sure to post pictures when you get it.
    Haha, not that lazy. He doesn't have much of an inventory. Instead, if you find it on his website (through his distributer), he can order it for you direct to the store. No shipping fees.

Administrator
    Ahh, OK. Now it makes more sense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just got the dreaded phone call. He said the dealer sold out just before his website updated stock.

Found another dealer near me that can order it, though. Said it will take about a week -- total is $529 + tax.

Any IWB holster recommendations in the $50-$80 price range? I checkout out High Noon but they're a little too expensive for me.

Administrator
    Take a look at Side Guard.
    "Just blame Sixto"

HBE Leatherworks specializes in CZ holsters.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I love CZ's. I bought a CZ 40P 2 weeks ago. They don't make this model but I love the way it feels in my hand. Unfortunately I had a FTF after nearly every single round. I ordered new magazine springs and I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

The one gripe I have against CZ is that their warranty sucks compared to other firearms manufacturers. Why not offer a lifetime warranty and stand behind your work?

tts, if you have trouble locating what you want, give Jason Steele a call. web site is here Welcome to Steele Firearms
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Links