Glock spring/rod assembly

This is a discussion on Glock spring/rod assembly within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently added two spring/rod sets to my G19 & G26 and have noticed that when I disassemble it , the SS spring seems to " ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DocGlock

Thread: Glock spring/rod assembly

Glock spring/rod assembly

Recently added two spring/rod sets to my G19 & G26 and have noticed that when I disassemble it , the SS spring seems to " slip up " from where it was first seated. Is this normal? Also, I have noticed that the front of the rod which appears under the barrel and "sticks out", screws in! I Never knew that, but my LGS guy put me onto it. Can/should this be secured with lock-tite, etc., or is that a BIG mistake? Thanks, guys/gals.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

The curved spot on the barrel that you seat the recoil spring into is just the assembly position. Sometimes when you disassemble it, it may be in that spot (rarely), but most often it will not be in it. It is really just for assembly. Once the slide is cycled, it won't be in that spot.

I wouldn't locktite that screw unless it was really necessary. Have the right size tool with you next time you go shooting and just see if it loosens any.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Links