Night Sights for PM9

This is a discussion on Night Sights for PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've settled on a Kahr PM9 as a primary CCW weapon. It's easy to conceal (IWB or pocket), has enough stopping power loaded with 124gr ...

Thread: Night Sights for PM9

Night Sights for PM9

I've settled on a Kahr PM9 as a primary CCW weapon. It's easy to conceal (IWB or pocket), has enough stopping power loaded with 124gr +P ammo, reliable (over 1K rounds and went bang every time), easy to slip an extra mag in my pocket, accurate, and not bad to shoot (not too hard on the hands).

One thing I'm not happy with is the gun still has factory painted sights and those things disappear after dark. Going to replace with quality night sights but not sure which to choose. The two I'm looking at are Trijicon sights similiar to what I have on my Springfield TRP or the XS large dot sights. Can't afford both sets to detemine which would work best so any thoughts or recommendations from the team would be appreciated.
    Kahr PM9
    M&P 9mm
    Springfield TRP
    Dan Wesson CCO

Don't take today for granted, there might not be a tomorrow.

2. Remove Ads

I doubt you'll even know you have sights or have time to use them if you need your gun in self defense.

My advice, learn point shooting.

Great choice of carry weapon by the way, I carry either a PM9 or MK9 daily - love 'em!

I have one - and I bought it with night sights (factory), as I hate the normal rear sight that Kahr uses.

I believe you can send just the slide to Kahr and have them put them on for ya. I have read several posts over the years (on various forums) - apparently, many people have had slides scratched up and damaged by gun smiths trying to install sights on a Kahr. It seems that the dovetails fit the sights very tightly. If it were me - I'd send it to Kahr to get it done.

They use Meprolights - but they have nice, white rings INSIDE of the tritium lens. That way, the white doesn't scratch off like they do on trijicon sights.

GM
    I have Trijicon and Meprolight; both are good sights.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I have one - and I bought it with night sights (factory), as I hate the normal rear sight that Kahr uses.

I believe you can send just the slide to Kahr and have them put them on for ya. I have read several posts over the years (on various forums) - apparently, many people have had slides scratched up and damaged by gun smiths trying to install sights on a Kahr. It seems that the dovetails fit the sights very tightly. If it were me - I'd send it to Kahr to get it done.

They use Meprolights - but they have nice, white rings INSIDE of the tritium lens. That way, the white doesn't scratch off like they do on trijicon sights.
    That is exactly what I did.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I purchased my PM9 with the factory night sights on it and like them. Sending the gun to Kahr to have them installed sounds like a good option

I purchased my PM9 with the factory night sights as well. If I had not, I would go with the XS Sights.

I have both Trij's and Meps on various firearms...both work well, but i prefer Trijicons (in all green).OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

With a gun like that, you probably won't be taking long range precision shots (although I've hit a 6" steel plate several times at 50 yards with my PM9) so XS sights would probably be a good idea. Like a previous poster said, learn point shooting.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The XS Big Dot is a nice sight, but unless you have vision problems, the standard dot is a better sight. Just as fast, but better precision.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Links