Taurus 24/7 G2 .40S&W $290

This is a discussion on Taurus 24/7 G2 .40S&W $290 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are a bunch of Taurus haters and bashers on this forum, but I have read some good reviews on the new Taurus ...

Thread: Taurus 24/7 G2 .40S&W $290

Taurus 24/7 G2 .40S&W $290

I know there are a bunch of Taurus haters and bashers on this forum, but I have read some good reviews on the new Taurus 24/7 G2's and for $290 I think this is an excellent deal !!! If it does not workout my opinion you should be able to sell it for just as much as you paid or more. If this was the new G2 Compact I would have purchased it, but this is for the full size. I just wanted to pass it along. God Bless

Taurus 1247409G213 24/7 40S G2 4.2" 13R Stainless $290.00 SHIPS FREE

2. Remove Ads

It is a good deal and there's nothing the matter with the pistol, but like you, I'd prefer the compact model. I carry a PT140.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I hate to be "one of those guys" but, Taurus just has too bad of a rep. I'll pass.....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

for $290, what have you got to lose. I have a .45acp 24/7 that was a piece of crap, but now after three trips to Miami, it seems to have come into its own. Trigger is still kinda funky, but deadly accurate and reliable now.
    I've read a bit on the new G2's and if they are reliable, Taurus may have a winner with these models. Time will tell.

I'd get one, but Santa has promised me another lump of coal this year because I have been very, very bad.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Did you ever ask yourself why it's only 290?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I don't have any advice on Taurus as a company beyond they make inexpensive firearms that don't always work and have inefficient customer service. But, I will inform you that you aren't going to get out of a gun what you put into it after it's been fired, no where close if you sell it responsibly. There is a reason for the low cost and it isn't due to Brazil wanting to arm you.

Don't do it. I finally got rid of my G2 9mm. Piece of junk. To say the fit and finish was horrible would be an understatement. The slide looked like a raw un-finished casting. It came with a defective rear sight, after less than 250 rounds, the sear wouldn't engage the striker resulting in a dead trigger.... Piece of junk.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Wow that was fast !! The price went back up to the original $382 !!! God Bless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Wow that was fast !! The price went back up to the original $382 !!! God Bless
    That is $382 dollars too much..... God Bless You back....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    for $290, what have you got to lose. I have a .45acp 24/7 that was a piece of crap, but now after three trips to Miami, it seems to have come into its own. Trigger is still kinda funky, but deadly accurate and reliable now.
    I have one of those and it has yet to "come into its own". Maybe it needs a trip or two to Miami.
    I should add that my Taurus revolvers have been flawless.

Who's giving it these good reviews?

Someone who bought it and thus thinks it is the best thing ever?

A writer who is more worried about ad revenue than an honest discussion?

If the answer isn't someone who is a known quantity who has a good reputation both as a source of knowledge and as an honest review, then I would consider verifying it for myself.

Since this is Taurus we're talking about, I'm guessing option 3 isn't the case.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Who's giving it these good reviews?

Someone who bought it and thus thinks it is the best thing ever?

A writer who is more worried about ad revenue than an honest discussion?

If the answer isn't someone who is a known quantity who has a good reputation both as a source of knowledge and as an honest review, then I would consider verifying it for myself.

Since this is Taurus we're talking about, I'm guessing option 3 isn't the case.
    Good point, I put more faith in members here, (at least certain one's), than all of the gun writers combined. Revenue is the key word, Joe writer isn't going to bash a product when that company advertises in that same magazine and if they do the editor will call for a re-write before risking the ad revenue. Gun Mags = cool, glossy pictures, not facts.

I don't hate Taurus, but after owning two that consistently malfunctioned, I won't buy another.

What I DO hate is.......STAR going out of business. No more forged steel handguns that were built like a tank.

Don't have any experience with the G2 24/7's, but my 24/7 Pro DS has been perfect since I got it. Probably 6 or 7k rounds without any hicups.

If it was the same model as I have, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a 290 price tag. Although at nearly $400 it becomes less attractive compared to the other offerings out there near that price range.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links