Looking or opinions on Kahr k9

This is a discussion on Looking or opinions on Kahr k9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now there is a limited number of k9 kahrs that are Mass. approved (frame is pre 98 but guns are new) I have been ...

Right now there is a limited number of k9 kahrs that are Mass. approved (frame is pre 98 but guns are new)

I have been looking for some thing smaller than my SIG P239, (but have a list that is very short that i can buy in this god forsaken\" kommie\" land thay call a state. also i would like to stay 9mm or larger.) The K9 looks great for the job of deep cover carry, but i dont know much about them. Does any one here have any thoughts?

Its the Kahr or a j frame wheel gun i guess.

VIP Member
    Hi coma,
    I don\'t have a K9, but I\'ve CC\'ed a K40 for quite a while, and I can say it\'s a wonderfully reliable \"little big\" gun. It\'s built like a tank, easy to disassemble, and is nicely ergonomic (for my hands, anyway). Some guys I know who have big hands think it\'s too small for them.

The slim, almost snagless profile makes the Kahrs perfect for concealment and smooth presentation.

If you don\'t mind the lack of a manual safety on a semiauto, it would be a great choice for carry. The trigger pull is long and a little gun in a bigger caliber can be a handful, so the K40 required lots of constant practice for me to stay proficiently accurate with it.

I\'ve handled the P9 also, and the trigger is around the same as the K40. 9mm + small plastigun wasn\'t that bad to handle. I\'ve witnessed someone popping consistently perfect headshots at an IDPA match with one. :D

The are ported barrels, tritium sights, different grips, and extended mags available.

Have you thought about PM9? It\'s next on my list.

Thanks Betty,
    I ll start saving my dimes after x-mas. There are many new guns on my list but i need a smaller CCW first. Guess the K9 or K40 will move up to the top.

limg8,
    I can only get the k9 or the k40 in my home state (the Mass State AG\'s office put out al kinds of \"consumer protection\" laws back in 1998, and the only guns we can buy have to be pre 98'manufature date or on a list that the AG puts out) The P, PM and MK are not on the list, so we can not buy them.( i really would like a MK 40) I also would like to get a wheel gun for back up or deep cover and can buy any S&W revolver made, but that will have to wait untill after i get a Kahr while i can.

There a 40 at the store that been begging me to take it home I really like the way it feels O, he$$ I just like it Will think real hard after first of yearabout takeing home.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by michael t
    There a 40 at the store that been begging me to take it home ....
    I hate when they do that. I am such a sucker for new gun. :)

I love my K40. Never a prob. Great for IWB.

Kahr is a great gun by all accounts that I\'ve read. But I already have a Glock M27. I\'m thinking of a Taurus snubbie in 45LC w/2\" bbl. 5 shot on a M85 frame. Actually, if I could afford it I\'d get THIS as my BUG:
    http://www.cylinder-slide.com/pistol...v_ss.shtml#top Cylinder & Slide (Bill Laughridge) offers a great BUG called The Adventurer.

Kahr is owned as a subsidiary of the Rev Sun Yung Moon. Know that? So for that matter is the Washington Times, one of the few truly conservative newspapers around.

Go figure.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have one of the plain jane, matte stainless K9s.
    Excellent little gun! Very concealable and slender, and the weight of the all steel construction makes recoil a non-factor....

Never had a malfunction with mine, and it digests any ammo i\'ve fed into it. Ergo, I am not too choosy about the defensive rounds I use while carrying it. Just load up the mag with any quality self-defense round and go!!

I have the K9 blackened 9MM with two 7 round mags. Just carried it yesterday in a black Galco bellyband while wearing a suit. It\'s got a good snap to it for a 9MM,and the tritium sights lock in on a target quickly. The DAO trigger is very managable,and it eats everything I feed it. I\'d say its a great little gun for your purpose.

Links