SIG 229 - Glock 32 - Springfield XD .357

This is a discussion on SIG 229 - Glock 32 - Springfield XD .357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I owned (2) Sig P229's in .357 and a Glock 31 and 32 also in .357. I have since gotten rid of the Sig's and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIG 229 - Glock 32 - Springfield XD .357

I owned (2) Sig P229's in .357 and a Glock 31 and 32 also in .357. I have since gotten rid of the Sig's and stayed with the Glocks. The Sig's are nice but they are not for me. I find that the Glock's are much more maintenance free, fit me hand better and have a better trigger. I never liked the P229 looooong DA first shot. I shoot the Glock with a better trigger reset much better. All 3 are fine weapons and really the big difference comes down to personal preference. I have shot the XD's and while they are nice, I prefer the Glock's.

In order of price it is probably the least expensive being the XD then the Glock and the most expensive being the Sig. I have found that Sig's have a much tighter tolerance and thus require more cleaning, oiling, etc. As to the Secret Service, they put out bids to manufacturers with certain specs. When they submitted the bid, Glock was not on it becasue it is considered a DAO pistol by DEA and I think that the SS specified something that had a decocking lever. Of those available the Sig was probably the nicest of the breed.
    If we treat every gun as if it was loaded, then why not treat every individual as if they are armed.

2. Remove Ads

Nice avatar picture, estimber, lol.
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    Nice avatar picture, estimber, lol.

Thanks, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am the only one I know here that is professional enough to handle this Glock Fo-Tay!
    If we treat every gun as if it was loaded, then why not treat every individual as if they are armed.

Thumbs up About being professional enough

Quote Originally Posted by estimber View Post
    Thanks, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am the only one I know here that is professional enough to handle this Glock Fo-Tay!
    Says who???? Is that you in the avatar pic???? The guy who shot himself during a ccw class....L.M.F.A.O...👍

Who made you the self acclaimed professional???

Re: SIG 229 - Glock 32 - Springfield XD .357

The only handgun I own is a Sig. I have shot Glocks but not Springfield handguns. I like hammer fired. I like no manual safeties. I like da/sa. I like all metal builds. I like interchangability, to a degree. I like simple field strip. I like shooting whatever brand of ammo I can get my hands on.

I like Sig. Every Sig I have held feels like it was made for me. The recoil on them is noticible, but not terrible. It is a heavy gun, but it won't let u down.
    I own a p229 in .40. I love that gun
    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaXD View Post
    I love my XD-40sc.
    Springfield Armory took key features from the Glock, SIG and 1911. They included the 1911's grip angle and grip safety, the Glock polymer frame and striker-fired ignition, and the barrel lock up and takedown system of the SIG Sauer. The result? The XD Series.
    Say What?
    Sorry Dakota, but that statement is no where near reality. A true statement would read: Springfield Armory took a pistol designed and manufactured in Croatia, imported it under their company name, added about $200 to the price tag and sold it in the US. Not that the XD isn't a workable pistol, but SA had nothing to do with it's design.

OP: I own all three of the pistols mentioned although they are chambered in .40 S&W. You won't be disappointed by any of the three. Eventually I will get a .357 Sig Bbl. for the P229.

Re: SIG 229 - Glock 32 - Springfield XD .357

Glock. Cheap parts, easy upgrades, great factory triggers and tough!

In God and Glock we Trust

I'm betting the OP made his decision a long while ago since this thread is 6yrs old....

I have shot and carried all three of those. Again, grip angle on the Glock, however with practice you can be just as accurate. They are all outstanding firearms. Govt contracts are just that, best deal for the Fed Gov and not something to benchmark a decision, other than cool SEAL posters with dudes coming out of the water firing, lol.

I enjoyed my XDSC in 40 quite a bit, however that being said, once I handled and fired a Sig, it was destiny. The fit and finish, weight and balance are far superior in my book. Again, just my opinion. I want something that is built like a tank and has the accuracy I believe balances my skill set in defensive shooting. I don't mind the extra weight, that's what a good belt is for. I moved from a G19 and G23 to the XD Service, then XDSC, then the P229. I prefer Sig, by a large margin.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links