Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)? - Page 2

Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)?

This is a discussion on Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; you'll lose your butt on selling the glock. less so if you sell to a buddy. my advice " rent, shoot, repeat" bring the 19 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)?

you'll lose your butt on selling the glock. less so if you sell to a buddy. my advice " rent, shoot, repeat" bring the 19 to the range and rent a few guns and shoot a few to compare against it. you'll learn alot. plus it's fun and cheaper than buying another gun you don;t like

If you are gonna give up the Glock, I'd try to sell outright to an individual. A trade at a gun store will cost you half of what you paid.

My choice of the CZ lineup is the P01.....shot one....loved it.....have too many 9mm's already.

The one pistol that seems to cure a "I can't shoot and don't like a Glock problem...M&P 9C

ASSA9 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

CZ all day long IMO. The only gripe I had about mine was I hated the DA/SA. I suck with the double action and I always joked that my first shot with that gun would always be a warning shot. In SA mode the gun is as accurate as you can ever believe. Not as easy to conceal as the glock, but fits the hand better IMO and points so pure. Can't really go wrong with either, but I prefer the CZ. I would almost trade my M&P compact for one.

One other note, the slide on the CZ is significantly shorter height wise than the glock. Racking it takes some umph so if your wife or someone with weak hands uses it, that is an issue. Think "tap, rack, ouch!"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I just did a trigger job on my g19 that rivals anything I own.
    gman, what exactly did you do? Last time I shot my G23 I was disappointed at how vague the trigger was... compared to the Springer TRP I've been shooting lots lately. I'd love to make the Glock trigger smoother and lighter.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    gman, what exactly did you do? Last time I shot my G23 I was disappointed at how vague the trigger was... compared to the Springer TRP I've been shooting lots lately. I'd love to make the Glock trigger smoother and lighter.
    you are comparing a TRP trigger to a Glock trigger? That is hardly fair to the Glock.....TRP's are probably one of the best production guns for the money you can buy.

BTW....if you figure out how to turn your Glock trigger into a TRP trigger, please post it up. That would be sweet, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Polish the firing pin stop pin, and the point of the trigger bar that depresses it. Also, polish the points where the firing pin and the connector meet.

Take the firing pin out, remove the cups and spring, and polish it.

I used a dremel with the small pad, and some fine compound. All parts should have a mirror finish when done.
    I leave in the 5.5 factory spring. It takes time, but it feels like a 3.5 pound pull.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

*****UPDATE***** I'm toying with the idea of keeping my Glock and getting a grip reduction from Robar or Bowie. The Glock has been 100% reliable for the past 5 years, I just hate the grip angle. Perhaps this would solve the issue. Part of me is scared to try a new gun and find it has other problems that are less fixable. Any thoughts????
    Qui omnes insidias timet in nullas incidit
    He who fears every ambush falls into none

So the 25 cent trigger job is well worth it, eh?
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

I have a CZ75d Compact and it has an ALUMINUM frame.......not steel. Have you shot the CZ75 Compact? The trigger is a lot different from a Glock (I have those also). My CZ is double action first shot, single action thereafter. It's a very accurate pistol, but the trigger takes getting used to since the first trigger pull is very long and somwhat heavy. If you haven't shot the CZ I highly recommend you do before buying it. Good Luck..... Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SWEDISHLASER View Post
    *****UPDATE***** I'm toying with the idea of keeping my Glock and getting a grip reduction from Robar or Bowie. ..Any thoughts????
    Waste of money IMO. Sell it and get something else. As long as you make an educated choice, there is nothing to be scared of.
    wormy likes this.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

VIP Member
    Just as warmon said, nice and expensive experiment. Get rid of it as Glocks or polymers in general have no soul. You can always come back. Your experience will jump up considerably.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

If you can keep the Glock and purchase the CZ then I would do that. If not, sell the Glock and go after the CZ. Just don't second guess yourself. CZ is a great gun and you will enjoy it.

IMHO, you should sell the Glock if you don't shoot it well. Why try to adapt to the platform when there are many other good ones available? Or is it just the G19? i.e., have you tried the G26 or other?

Not much exposure to CZ, but I've shot a 75B eons ago so don't remember much except the spring was really stiff, as another poster mentioned.

Some other suggestions: M&P 9mm compact, Kahr MK9 or K9

With most modern pistols the issue isn't the gun, it's the shooter. If the gun doesn't "point naturally" I'll offer an easy solution: practice until it does. You'll be a better shooter than if you try to purchase this gun to fix perceived deficiency X only to discover new gun creates perceived deficiency Y.

I started off with a CZ75b. 8 pistols later I've finally figured out I'd be a much better shooter and have more money in my pocket if I'd just bought a g17 or g19 and shot the hell out of it.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

keep the old Glock...get the CZ ,keep them both...I just dont think that Glock dog hunts for you...$.02

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links