Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)?

This is a discussion on Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never been able to shoot my g19 very well. It has been reliable, but I almost feel more confident carrying my Seecamp cause I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Should I trade my g19 for a CZ 75 Compact (steel frame)?

I've never been able to shoot my g19 very well. It has been reliable, but I almost feel more confident carrying my Seecamp cause I can point-shoot it more naturally, even from the hip. I really like the feel of the CZ75 Compact and I happen to like the weight of the steel frame. Anyone have any bad experiences with the CZ75? The problem is, Glocks are so common I don't know how I'm going to sell it for a decent price.
    Always carry, no exceptions.

Administrator
    The Cz75 is a great gun, if you like it, go for it. You should not have an issue selling the Glock, they tend to hold value.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You may find this link usefull when shooting your g19
    It is a long read but I think it can help you with your Glock ,I know it helped me.
    The Glock FAQ: glock_faq_trigger_technique_101
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

if you don't like it sell it. Its a nice gun. I have been considering getting a second G19.

I was going to say no but....

If you truly can't shoot your Glock well, then perhaps you should sell it. I shoot my Glocks well enough to be confident with them but I shoot my 1911's better so that is what I carry. I just can't seem to let go of the Glocks though.

VIP Member
    19s are going for $450 used around here, so you shouldn't get hurt too bad on that end. Beyond that, carry something you like shooting and are comfortable with.

I would never sell my G19! It is a fantastic gun. If I were in your situation, I'd save for the CZ. Just my $.02
    10thmtn likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Sell it if you don't like it.

Whatever you shoot best is the way to go IMO. Good luck.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    If you don't have confidence in your Glock, for whatever reason, then sell it and get the 75 Compact. The CZ is a great gun, built sold, reliable, accurate and very ergonomically designed. I have 2 different variations of the 75 and my wife hase the 75 Compact.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I shoot my Glocks Good, But shoot my CZs BEST....
    02PSD4ME

VIP Member
    That is a tough choice. I am a fan of both platforms. I would have to say that if you have given yourself ample time with the G19 and you still don't get along, you may need to try something else.

If saving for that something else is out of the question, then selling one gun to finance another a common course of action. Glocks are ubiquitous. You shouldn't have any trouble finding another at a decent price if you should decide to go back to it later.

Just beware of seller's remorse!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I am a huge Glock believer, but I also like CZ. I just did a trigger job on my g19 that rivals anything I own. Having said that, I do believe the CZ is more mechanically accurate. For me, I personally would not be able to say this one is better than the other between these two. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Here's what I would do; keep the Glock, learn it, do a trigger job on it, and add the CZ to your collection. Then you have the Glock for it's rugged, dependability, and the CZ for it's shootability and accuracy.
    Philly Boy and CaptSmith like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

If you haven't already changed out the trigger connector in the Glock, pick up a 3-1/2# connector and go to You Tube for a video on how to install a new connector. This will smooth out and lighten the Glock's trigger quite a bit. After that get a buddy to go to the range and have him turn his back to you and load a single round or not into the Glock, then give you the handgun to fire. You will not know if it's loaded because the weight change for a single round is small. Anticipating the recoil will show up quickly in this exercise. The 19 is an excellent handgun and I would give it a chance, but if you still have problems then get what you can shoot well.

You may regret selling the 19. I would give it a little more time. Once the Glock trigger is mastered, most love it.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links