Hogue grip hybrid sleeve for Ruger LCP. Review with pics.

This is a discussion on Hogue grip hybrid sleeve for Ruger LCP. Review with pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought i'd post a quick review for fellow LCP owners. (I am not affiliated with Ruger or Hogue) We all know that grip enhancements ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TRUST8383

Thread: Hogue grip hybrid sleeve for Ruger LCP. Review with pics.

Hogue grip hybrid sleeve for Ruger LCP. Review with pics.

Just thought i'd post a quick review for fellow LCP owners. (I am not affiliated with Ruger or Hogue)

We all know that grip enhancements for the tiny LCP help get a better purchase on the gun and also aid in recoil management.
    Add a 13# wolff recoil spring and a crimson trace laser, and you have the perfect recipe for an awesome deep concealment or back-up gun.

A lot of us (myself included) opted to put on a grip sleeve like the hogue handall jr. and hacked it up to fit. It helped, but the sleeve wasn't tailor made to fit the LCP and always found a way to work it's way down the grip. I found myself constantly having to push it back up after a range session. It also did not add anything to the palm swell of the gun.

Well, Hogue came out with a perfect solution to the LCP and I am pleased to report that it is awesome. Part number 18100 on their website (part number 18110 for crimson trace model) see link below :

Ruger LCP .380 : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None!

This new Hogue grip enhances the handle of the LCP dramatically. The palm swell is greatly improved and from the back, the LCP now has a nice shaped booty. lol

The hybrid grip sleeve comes with a replacement take down pin that sticks out slightly on both sides. The grip extends up the back of the pistol and snaps onto the sides of the new pin making for a nice secure install. You also have to remove the hammer spring seat from the bottom of the pistol grip. This is easily done by pressing down in the little hole in the back of the pistol grip and pulling down on the plastic seat. The new grip will insert into this hole and replace the factory part. So the new grip sleeve is snapped at the top and the bottom.

They now make a crimson trace specific model that has provisions for the CT activation laser. I purchased the standard one before I knew about that, so I took an empty .223 casing and chamfered the case mouth until it was sharp and used it to make the hole. Light pressure and a spin of the case and You have a perfectly sized, factory looking hole for your CT laser. (Or you could be smart and just buy the right one lol)

So on to the pics. Better handling, greater grip and purchase, absorbed recoil and a nice booty. All for a cheap price! What's not to love?

Previous grip cut to fit :

New Hogue Grip:

RockStrongo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

+1 on the grip. Thanks for the review

Excellent review. Thanks !!! Merry Christmas and God Bless

Wow! That looks really comfortable to hold. Do they make one for the P3AT? Or am I gonna have to go buy an LCP now? Darn it. Lol.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

That looks great! I wonder if they'll do another custom for the LC9?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice.. thanks! I am going to pick one up for sure..

Thumbs up Hogue Hybrid Grip Sleeve for Ruger LC9

TRUST8383, this really looks good. Great review!! Thanks! Sure wish they had one for the Ruger LC9. I have the LC9 with the Crimson Trace laser guard...and would love this grip. I think the market is there...as just personally I know 4 others with LC9's who would also love this grip. I have Hogue grips on all my Ruger stainless revolvers and they are nice. So, come on Hogue, let's get one created for the LC9.

Links