Walther PPS 40 - at the range.

This is a discussion on Walther PPS 40 - at the range. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI I love the kydex Infidel from Comp-Tach. It allows me to easily take the whole setup off without the need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walther PPS 40 - at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I love the kydex Infidel from Comp-Tach. It allows me to easily take the whole setup off without the need to take me gun out of the holster. It's also 'clicks' in place and I can flip it upside down and shake it and it still retains the weapon (retention is adjustable). I don't have any issues with it pulling on my clothing no. Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster

I am 5 foot 8 inches and 145 pounds, with a somewhat athletic build and I do not find it uncomfortable at all. I wear it at about 3 o'clock and it straight up just disappears on me!
    Awsome, thanks for the pics.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeye View Post
    Did the picture not go through of the PPS above?
    It shows the slide pulled back so that you can see one of the ports in the barrel.

The SD 40 that he did wasn't ported; just had the trigger done.
    Thanks for the pic & info. I'm considering this, but think I'll wait for my warranty to run out first, just in case....

"The only negative for me is the removable grip strap safety. I think this is a little to much and could pose a issue."

I guess I don't see the issue. I now have almost 3000 rounds through my PPS and outside of deciding which grip I liked when I first bought the gun, i have never taken the backstrap off.
    RockStrongo likes this.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

They are very nice concealed carry guns ! A bit small for extensive range use for my taste but those who have them shoot the hell out of them !
    Walther always made quality guns. My two favorites is the P-38 and P-5 of course. Wish they still made the P-5 ! I like the P-99 too.
    as for the PP, PPK, PPK/s they are good but you can get a CZ-83 which is better and for less money ! The only problem with the PP series is they take a long time to break-in ! Many folks I know who have them tell me they were limited to FMJ ammo for about 1000-1500 rounds ! That's a long break-in time ! When new they suffer a lot of jams and stovepipes even with FMJ ammo. Once broken in though they digest anything and shoot like a dream. Is it really worth the wait though ?

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

They (9mm) are excellent carry guns....have had mine going into 3rd year....never was a breakin time for mine shot flawlessly with anything I fed it, from day one, and I dont clean it real often,...by the way also a great range gun...can shoot all day without any stress on hands, limbsaver grip only makes it that much more comfy...most issues have been with early .40's....I wouldnt wait a moment longer than you have too....the PPQ is even better in all categories but not as comfortable to carry...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun4169 View Post
    They are very nice concealed carry guns ! A bit small for extensive range use for my taste but those who have them shoot the hell out of them !
    Walther always made quality guns. My two favorites is the P-38 and P-5 of course. Wish they still made the P-5 ! I like the P-99 too.
    as for the PP, PPK, PPK/s they are good but you can get a CZ-83 which is better and for less money ! The only problem with the PP series is they take a long time to break-in ! Many folks I know who have them tell me they were limited to FMJ ammo for about 1000-1500 rounds ! That's a long break-in time ! When new they suffer a lot of jams and stovepipes even with FMJ ammo. Once broken in though they digest anything and shoot like a dream. Is it really worth the wait though ?
    No issues from day one.
    Of course, I break a new gun down (including firing pin) and take off all of the factory slop... errrr i mean grease before shooting the first time.
    Kept up with the glocks n M&P's at my stressfire class. I just got more practice at the stress reloading then they did.
    No stove pipes or feeding problems, unless you include me pinching my palm into the extended mag and trying to load - blood is good for the finish right? :P

I hold em pretty firm -I could see limp wristing with the .40 causing some problems, but I have had no issues. 600+ rnds total through and is not uncomfortable in the hand til I hit about 200+ in a session.

Keep'r fer me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links