Kel-tec assembly: Help!

This is a discussion on Kel-tec assembly: Help! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a P11 at my LGS and have gone "nuts" trying to get the slide to go ALL THE WAY FORWARD in order to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kel-tec assembly: Help!

Just got a P11 at my LGS and have gone "nuts" trying to get the slide to go ALL THE WAY FORWARD in order to re-assemble it. IT JUST WILL NOT COOPERATE!! What do I need to do short of some liquid refreshment which will ensure that I won't ever be able to think straight! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Have I tried Youtube? I find they have many vids that help me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Will give it a "shot." TNX.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Saw a video which stated that the spring can get out of the slot and then the slide won't fully return. I tried it upsidedown, sideways, etc.. and it still would not return all the way forward. Guess I'll go back to my LGS tomorrow and see if he has a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Saw a video which stated that the spring can get out of the slot and then the slide won't fully return. I tried it upsidedown, sideways, etc.. and it still would not return all the way forward. Guess I'll go back to my LGS tomorrow and see if he has a solution.
    Which LGS are you taking it to? Feel free to PM me if you don't want it in the open.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    This is likely your p11 re-assembly problem.

QK... I'm going to get the gun and try it right now! THANKS for that--- here's hoping. I'll get back on this after my "trial" is over.

Administrator
    Don't get & throw it against the wall. That never helps to get any firearm back together again. Good luck.

FAILURE!!! Couldn't get the barrel to go forward like in the video. Going to "try, try, try again!"

WELL I'LL BE... it WORKED this time-- and saved me a sleepless night, I'll tell 'ya! Thanks QK for the video and all the other help, too. Haven't I said before(yes, I have!) that this is the greatest forum EVER!
    Last edited by HotGuns; December 16th, 2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: language workaround

Administrator

Thumbs up

I knew you could do it.

Praise The Lord & Pass The Ammunition!
    oneshot likes this.

I DON'T WANNA BELIEVE IT!!NOW there is a FTF on every try. The bullet is not being sent high enough to go into the barrel. What the heck is this??

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Are you sure you have the recoil spring in properly???^^^^^^^^^^

I have a P11 as well, and had a bugger of a time putting all the pieces back together again, w/o the kings horses and all the kings men, but after a few tries, It worked.
    This pistol is not very easy to put together.
    I could rebuild my S&W 39-2 bindfolded, in a snowstorm, drunk, with my hands behind my back, on a slow boat to China in the middle of monsoon season on the high-seas.
    This thing is tricky.
    Stay with it.
    Good luck.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Recoil spring seems to be O.K. The slide works great, but the slugs are not going in the chamber--- they are too low.

VIP Member
    Do you have another mag???
    Try that one and see if it works.

Maybe the top of the one mag somehow got bent or damaged and its not allowing the rounds to feed properly.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links