Added one more.

This is a discussion on Added one more. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; j-frame 3.jpg Can't decide what I should get next. I am very happy with these two but I am leaning toward a larger 357 w/6" ...

Thread: Added one more.

Added one more.

j-frame 3.jpg

Can't decide what I should get next. I am very happy with these two but I am leaning toward a larger 357 w/6" barrel.
    What do you people think? I have a 1911 and a 22 so the large revolver is the only thing I see as a missing link.
    Be safe, Frank.

2. Remove Ads

Those are some nice little wheel guns you have there. I like them quite a lot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

A six inch revolver can make for a fun day at the range... i dont think you can go wrong. I found that i did not shoot many 357 loads out of mine, and stuck primarily to my 38 special reloads. You can pound targets all day long with a 6" wheel gun while using soft shooting 38's.... and inhaling a little Bullseye powder does the body good. Try looking at the Smith and Wesson 686, or maybe a model 10 if you are just interested in shooting 38's. Good luck. Lets us know what you end up getting. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Depends on what you intend for its use. If you're going to carry it other than on horseback, I'd look for a 4-incher. If it's just a fun gun, then the 6-inch tube makes sense.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I will not be looking to carry it as I would use the j's for that. This would be a range and home gun that I would like to have the possibility of shooting 357 but it would likely live on a diet of 38's. Never had a 6" revolver so I am really leaning that way. I will let you know later this month or first thing next year. Do love my j frames now.
    Be safe, Frank.

S&w 686

I have three .357s with 6 inch barrel, a S&W 686, a Colt Python and a Ruger Blackhawk. I'd recommend the 686 as the best all-around gun at a reasonable price. The long barrel seems to make for increased accuracy compared to shorter barrel revolvers, and the S&W 686 is a classic of this type.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Look good man

Links