Semi-auto power loss - Page 2

Semi-auto power loss

This is a discussion on Semi-auto power loss within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very good results. You didn't add, on that day, as temp, humidity, pressure can vary results. Since the numbers are so close I am wondering ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Semi-auto power loss

Very good results. You didn't add, on that day, as temp, humidity, pressure can vary results. Since the numbers are so close I am wondering if there is any overlap between gun type when you look at the raw data and compare highs and lows..I.E. highest from revolver and slowest from auto?

Actually, on the two examples I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread, the two loads were shot over the chronograph screens at the same shooting session, not uncommon when I'm testing a particular load for .45 ACP. I'm curious to know what differences might be realized between the two test guns used. I average 10 shots to obtain a velocity figure when using the chronograph. Of course any given shot from one could overlap a shot from the other, especially when velocities were as close as was shown.

Bottom line is, there's not enough difference to sweat the details and it can't be said that "power" will be lost in using ammunition in an automatic.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I guess that was my point, that the averages may be slightly different but taken as a whole the difference is not worth considering...unless you really like picking through data.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Find two dirtbags who need 'shootin' (common defense statement in Southern courts..."Why? Cause' he needed shootin'."

Have them stand side by side...using the same ammo, shoot one with the semi-auto, the other with the revolver. Then ask each what he felt. Errrr, never mind...

, of course.
    There's your Answer !! LOL !!

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links