lcr?

This is a discussion on lcr? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good thing I have free time. Will sneak out to the shop when she is at work....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: lcr?

Good thing I have free time. Will sneak out to the shop when she is at work.

2. Remove Ads

i highly recommend the LCR,bought one last summer..great little gun,very light (13.5ozs) smoooth trigger pull,accurate,+p rated..not too much not to like..

Because you can fire it repeatedly from within your jacket/coat pocket if needed... try that with a semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    can anyone give me a good reason to own one of these?
    If you want a small light weight revolver the attractive features of the LCR are the ergonomics,the trigger, the felt recoil and overall shooting comfort. It's the only Ruger that I find preferable to it's S&W counterparts. As for the looks, they grow on you.
    Attached Images

Sure. I can honestly say that, both my buddy that I shoot with on an occasion and me shoot tighter groups with our LCR than out of our S&W J frames. I believe it's totally due to the trigger system on the LCR. The Smiths conceal better, but the LCR IMO is a terrific revolver. FWIW, if I had to choose one over the other, I'd go with the Smith J frame, but only due to ease of concealment.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Is the smith really that much better to conceal? I am considering trying to pocket carry one of these.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Everyone needs at least one lightweight snub.

Jim

Is the smith really that much better to conceal? I am considering trying to pocket carry one of these.
    The bulk is in the Hogue Tamer Grip. If you want to pocket carry your LCR the boot grip can be used to advantage for that.
    Hogue-LCR-Bantam_Boot-Grip-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Second the Boot Grip, it's worth the $30. It aids concealment because it's narrower than the Tamer grip, but it also isn't as tacky, so clothing slides around it instead of getting caught on it.

I carry a LCR357 in my pocket every day. It is normally a back up to my 617 or my SP101. If I need to go lighter I will carry it IWB and put my 442 in my pocket. The LCR 357 with Tamer Grip handles 357 125G. JHP Ammo with ease. It became my favorite 357 Snub to shoot on this past Summers Camping Trips. I installed the XS Night Sight from Ruger witch I can see without glasses. For those who ware tight fitting Pants, The Tamer Grip may not be good for pocket carry but, it will carry in the waist band just as easy. On the rare occasion that I ware dress pants I carry it IWB. I like my 442 but, I prefer to carry and shoot 357s. With the LCR you can practice with 357 ammo enough to get accurate without pain. It is easy to be accurate with this gun. My J-Frame is accurate but, with the LCR I can hold tighter groups and follow up shots are no problem. I like the reliability of Revolvers so that is why I carry them 99% of the time. I feel most people carrying semi-autos won't have a clue what to do if they have a fail to feed or eject when T.S.H.T.F. I tried to tell People when I taught CCW classes, they need to practice malfunction drills if they carry semi-autos but, most of them don't do it. I don't see how you can beat a controllable 17oz. carry gun with the power of 357. If you don't like the blast and recoil of 357 it will handle 38+P like a dream. I would suggest this for elderly or females etc.

I love my LCR. I used to carry only when it was convenient, but this LCR literally disappears in my IWB holster. It goes just about everywhere with me. Plus, snubbies are cool!

This is my next purchase for a backup and deep concealment role

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    It might possibly be the smallest, lightest .357 mag. 5 rnd. cap. revolver on the market today, and it's a Ruger. What more reason's could you need?
    SpencerB likes this.

IMO, yes. The grip on the LCR is where the size difference is most obvious, but the the trigger guard is also larger on the LCR vs the Smith J frame. For me, the Smith fits in the pocket better and conceals better overall.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I just though of a great excuse. I have a bunch of .38 brass that need to be reloaded. Need a gun to shoot it in.

I should just head off the the Gun shop and give them a look over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links