Little bit of an issue with the P226R and the Viridian C5L & X5L laser/light combos

Little bit of an issue with the P226R and the Viridian C5L & X5L laser/light combos

This is a discussion on Little bit of an issue with the P226R and the Viridian C5L & X5L laser/light combos within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is just a FYI, or heads up, regarding the fit of a Viridian C5L or X5L on a Sig P226R. Here's the issue: You ...

Thread: Little bit of an issue with the P226R and the Viridian C5L & X5L laser/light combos

Senior Moderator

This is just a FYI, or heads up, regarding the fit of a Viridian C5L or X5L on a Sig P226R. Here's the issue:

You see that area where the pencil point is? Thet area is low enough, and wide enough to make contact with the rear of the C5L or X5L. I don't have an X5L, although I should by Wednesday, but Viridian tells me it will have the same problem.

Here's the problem. If you mount the C5L as rearward as possible for ready access to the switches, that area identified in the top photo contacts the rear of the C5L and tips it downward slightly. I think you can see this in this pic:

Viridian tells me this is slight and it's ok if it holds zero, and it does. What I'm a little concerned about is when I get my Raven Concealment Phantom holster for the P226 with C5L, it may not fit the holster in the rearmost position.

In that case, I would have to move it forward out of contact with the frame and that locates the switches out of reach of my trigger finger.

Here's what it looks like on an Hk P30L; notice the frame is completely clear of the C5L at the rear:

Anyway, just a heads up.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Is there room to file down the laser where it's making contact?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Is there room to file down the laser where it's making contact?
    You know, I thought no, but when you asked, I looked at it again, and that may be a possibility:

It wouldn't take much, but I wonder if that would void the warranty?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Sponsored Links