Put 120 rounds thru my LC9 - Flawless so far!

This is a discussion on Put 120 rounds thru my LC9 - Flawless so far! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I hit the range yesterday and put 100 x WWB and 20 x Hydra-Shoks thru the LC9; I hope some prospective buyers find this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Put 120 rounds thru my LC9 - Flawless so far!

Put 120 rounds thru my LC9 - Flawless so far!

Well I hit the range yesterday and put 100 x WWB and 20 x Hydra-Shoks thru the LC9; I hope some prospective buyers find this useful: It did great! No issues whatsoever, accurate at 7 & 10 yards and recoil was not bad at all.

The good: Size, weight, reliability, 9mm, accurate, it's a Ruger(!), price, smooth trigger, came with the extended floorplate

The "bad"
    I use this loosely - I would like better sights, maybe a little bigger; spare mag would be nice. Some people hate the safety's that are on the gun, but they don't bother me.

Overall:
    When I got rid of my M&P I was kinda sad, but now that I've shot the LC9 I'm extremely happy. Shot very well and if it puts another 100 thru as well as the first group I'll be thrilled. IMO the size/weight of this gun plus the 9mm round make it the perfect ccw weapon. All this for $337 out the door?? You can't beat it!

I also put about 50 thru my LCP (for a total of right at 300 rounds) and it was also flawless. IMO the triggers are similar: very long pull. They just take a little getting used to, once you learn the trigger it's cake. I actually like the long trigger pull, but that's just me.

Here are pics of the two of 'em....Way to go Ruger, A+++ from me!

IMG00226-20111211-1745.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Good to hear that you had a wonderful experience. The LC9 sure feels good whenever I pick on up. I keep thinking I should have one but I've not made the purchase yet.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

My husband got me one as an early Christmas gift. I haven't taken it out yet, but it does feel great in my hand and I'm looking forward to shooting it soon. I'm glad to read good experiences with it. I was considering an LCP, but it just felt too tiny--like a toy gun.

If yours is like mine, it'll be just as good at 1,200 rounds as it is now. Extremely reliable. Somewhere around 600 rounds my accuracy began to really pick up, too.

Removing the magazine disconnect safety improves the trigger, and getting extra magazines from Ruger is very easy - and they all come with the pinky extension included in the box. You also have a wide variety of holsters available, both IWB and OWB, making the LC9 a very easy EDC.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    If yours is like mine, it'll be just as good at 1,200 rounds as it is now. Extremely reliable. Somewhere around 600 rounds my accuracy began to really pick up, too.

Removing the magazine disconnect safety improves the trigger, and getting extra magazines from Ruger is very easy - and they all come with the pinky extension included in the box. You also have a wide variety of holsters available, both IWB and OWB, making the LC9 a very easy EDC.
    yeah I got my 2nd mag yesterday, and i have a pretty nice blackhawk iwb holster.

I'll have to watch the video on how to remove the mag safety....

all you have to do now is add the lcr or maybe the sr9c to the collection :-)

I've had my LC 9 for around seven months. Except for a few misfires when breaking it in ( first hundred rds) there haven't been any problems since. Ruger has always made good quality pieces at reasonable prices. The Los Angeles Police Dept has recently authorized the LC 9 for use by their officers for deep undercover assignments as well as off duty and back up. With the rigorous testing that the LAPD requires when approving a firearm for use within the department, you're pretty much guaranteed that the LC 9 is a high quality handgun.

Hogan, would you mind posting the link to that video, please?

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post

Be careful about altering the design of the LC 9. There may be liability issues if you should you wind up in court for using it in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Be careful about altering the design of the LC 9. There may be liability issues if you should you wind up in court for using it in self defense.

This just isn't accurate.

Good looking gun, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    Hogan, would you mind posting the link to that video, please?
    yeah i decided against it...I'm leaving mine 'stock' haha. Screwtape I have to agree with you bud, I read a couple things about liability this weekend that I never thought about....it really got me thinking. I'd love to try to work on the trigger and remove the safety, but then I can hear some slimy lawyer saying this now: So, you took the safety off your gun, correct? And you made your pistol a hair-trigger huh?

That even made me rethink my SD ammo choice! I read online where the Black Talon ammo bit the manufacturer in the butt b/c of the "tough" sounding name. Again that's just my humble opinion for what it's worth...

here is the vid....BTW this is not me....I just found this online: Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal - YouTube

I love my LC9 also! I have close to 200 rounds through mine... WWB, gun show reloaded fmj, and Hornady CD. Not a single issue.
    The gun is more accurate than I am. The long trigger takes some getting used to... but is smooth and consistent. Love how it feels in my hands.

Cheers!
    HoganLongfellow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoganLongfellow View Post
    Well I hit the range yesterday and put 100 x WWB and 20 x Hydra-Shoks thru the LC9; I hope some prospective buyers find this useful: It did great! No issues whatsoever, accurate at 7 & 10 yards and recoil was not bad at all.
    I hate to be a drag, but 120 rounds proves the gun is not made of cardboard or paper mache, and left the factory with no more than 3 parts missing or incorrectly installed.

1,200 rounds...

Now we are talking...

Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    I love my LC9 also! I have close to 200 rounds through mine... WWB, gun show reloaded fmj, and Hornady CD. Not a single issue.
    The gun is more accurate than I am. The long trigger takes some getting used to... but is smooth and consistent. Love how it feels in my hands.

Cheers!
    Cool man....agreed on the trigger!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links