Slim DA/SA 9mm - Page 3

Slim DA/SA 9mm

This is a discussion on Slim DA/SA 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moops: The P938 has been out for a few months. I've had a P238 for a couple years for Summer carry. The 936 is only ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Slim DA/SA 9mm

Moops: The P938 has been out for a few months. I've had a P238 for a couple years for Summer carry. The 936 is only a hare bigger, but won't fit 238 holsters. I really like the feel of it, albeit not fired much yet. Very hard to find at a decent price (what isn't!); I ended up buying on Gunbroker and I've got an FFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Slim DA/SA 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by coltchris View Post
    Moops: The P938 has been out for a few months. I've had a P238 for a couple years for Summer carry. The 936 is only a hare bigger, but won't fit 238 holsters. I really like the feel of it, albeit not fired much yet. Very hard to find at a decent price (what isn't!); I ended up buying on Gunbroker and I've got an FFL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I'll keep my eyes open. My LGS says they'll match any price, and they'll even order for me to save the FFL xfer fee.

I've held the 238 a few times, though I haven't fired one. Seems like a well made gun and I liked that the slide cycles easily enough that my GF shouldn't struggle with it. How does the 938 compare in that aspect?

She's got her eye on the SAS version. It's a sharp looking gun, and makes for an easy birthday present.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

My EDC is the P238. Very well made little pistol. The recoil is as soft as it can be, even with only 2 fingers on the grip (pinky off grip). This is the only pistol I own that my wife is able to rack the slide with easy. She struggles a bit with the SP2022, which has a very light slide for a 9mm.

I've read a number of review on the P938 but have not shot one myself. The consensus is that, due to its size, it will kick quite a bit more than the P238. The recoil spring will be significantly tighter than the P238. I've also read a lot of issues with the P938 since it's still in its first year production. the P238 also went thru the same growing pain but all issues had been worked out.

I carry big steel every day, but will be buying a Springfield XDs in 9mm when I see one on the shelf.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

Slim DA/SA 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    What about the SIG 239?
    Yup.

-john

Favorite carry piece/favorite holster.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Look for a S&W 908. It is probably the best DA/SA small frame compact for the money around. You should find one for under $400. It's based on the excellent 39 series, so it's proven, reliable and has a very nice trigger.
    Another vote for the 908. Reliability and accuracy is top notch. It is by far my favorite carry and I will not part with it. Shown with my UBG Canute:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links