Using Valvoline grease for gun lube?

This is a discussion on Using Valvoline grease for gun lube? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Compared to the heat, pressure, torture, and continueous use that auto engines and wheel bearings are exposed to, any lube that works well in them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Using Valvoline grease for gun lube?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Compared to the heat, pressure, torture, and continueous use that auto engines and wheel bearings are exposed to, any lube that works well in them is certainly suitable for a firearm that is used only occasionally in comparison. Now if one chooses to store their firearm in a salt barrel full of pickle juice--good luck with any product.

While my gun cleaners and lubes tend to be the choice of product at hand, I've never experienced any lubricant issue with any name brand oil or grease--regardless of if it was packaged for guns or autos, save for one WD-40 rust episode. That product no longer graces my firearms.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links