Heizer Firearms...a new player on the market

This is a discussion on Heizer Firearms...a new player on the market within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I want one. Then again, want at least one of every model firearm out there.... ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Heizer Firearms...a new player on the market

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I want one. Then again, want at least one of every model firearm out there.... and free ammo..... and a cushy retirement
    Philly Boy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    YES SAW THE PAPERS AND sale

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I want one. Then again, want at least one of every model firearm out there.... and free ammo..... and a cushy retirement
    Cushy retirement AND a gun collection?....................dreamer!
    But yeah, I'd get one just for the novelty of having it. (there goes my cushy retirement)
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    Cushy retirement AND a gun collection?....................dreamer!
    But yeah, I'd get one just for the novelty of having it. (there goes my cushy retirement)
    I'm self employed.... there's no such thing as retirement.... I would expect the gun collection and free ammo would be more possible. But I can still dream

VIP Member
    That thing looks like somebody got my C.O.P. COP 357 Derringer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and chopped it down the middle.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2 rounds of ammo and I don't care if it's 9mm or 45 acp may not be enough to end the fight,especially even at 3 yards or less I've seen people miss an entire B27 shooting from retention with a 4" barrel,that barrel is so short your bullet isn't going to hit max velocity and there has to be a huge muzzle flash.
    It's not a gun I would be interested in
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Too much second guessing going on. I was lucky enough to have fired it! 15 rounds with some 185 & 230 gr. ammo. It is "NOT" what most of you have thought it would be. Muzzle flash, stuff in your eyes, kicks to much that it is not manageable. I own a Bond Arms 45LC/410 and it is about the same. It is not a firearm that you carry daily as a self defense gun. It is meant to be a back up or deep concealment firearm!! I was lucky to fire the titanium 45 which I felt was a very well made firearm. If you've ever handled a Bond Arms derringer, you'll know how well they are made. The Heizer's are a great deep concealment firearm if that is what your looking for. No it's not a 6 shot or a 8 shot firearm! It is a (2) shot 45acp backup... That will get the job done, if you find your in the position too need a deep concealment firearm. And I'm pretty sure two shots from a 45 will put a man down. I know from first hand that one shot from a 45 will kill a man! It has it's place in the firearms world. And no, I do not work for them. It's just a well made, two shot man stopper....

Administrator
    I absolutely have my head and heart set on buying one for use as a back pocket BUG.
    I don't know how somebody bought one already and traded it already - they are only available as a dealer pre-sale at this point in time.
    Which means they have not even been shipped out to the authorized dealers yet.
    I heard that dealers will not begin getting them until sometime in March.

Senior Moderator
    I'm thinking of sticking one behind my duty belt for "emergency purposes". I rekon if I ever have to use it,the flash and the recoil wont bother me as much as the paperwork.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    HotGuns

Well, I always wanted a Semmerling LM4 & I could kick myself for not buying one back when they could be had for around $800.00 - Now I refuse to pay what American Derringer wants for the present version. Highway robbery in my opinion.

Just as a general FYI - the Semmerling was an incredibly high quality 4 Shot handgun chambered in .45 ACP. Though it looks like a semi-auto - it was necessary to manually rack the slide FORWARD for each shot to eject and chamber the next round. Kinda funky (I know) but, what an incredibly neat and tiny .45 firearm that would fit completely on top of a regular playing card.

So...I think a great substitute would be this ultra-modern little Heizer.

For 499.00 MSRP,I can think of several other guns that carry more ammo,have faster reloads,and better sights.Including 5 shot snubbies
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    player? not really, derringers ? please........

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I think I will stick with my Glock. Something about that gun puts me off. It might shoot great, but I am just a bit skeptical right now.

the gun has it's purpose. Stuffed in somebodys belly, ear, throat, nose it will get the job done. It's a personal defense gun, not a leave the area gun. Perfect anti-carjacking gun. Some people feel they need a handgun that can handle trouble up to 50' away. Or one that'll handle at least five or more bad guys at a time. Most real world encounters are up close and personal. Surprise is everything. And this would be quite a surprise.
    No range time required. Just make sure it goes off. If you can't hit your target when you're pressed up next to it, nothing is going to help.

An interesting idea for sure, but not something I'd carry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links