I shot a dozen SCCYs, with a case of free ammo, and it changed my mind. - Page 2

I shot a dozen SCCYs, with a case of free ammo, and it changed my mind.

This is a discussion on I shot a dozen SCCYs, with a case of free ammo, and it changed my mind. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I won an auction on Gunbroker for a CPX-2 about a month ago. ($160 + $25 shipping). I have been pleasantly surprised. I have been ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I shot a dozen SCCYs, with a case of free ammo, and it changed my mind.

I won an auction on Gunbroker for a CPX-2 about a month ago. ($160 + $25 shipping). I have been pleasantly surprised. I have been to the range 3 times. I had 1 failure to feed on the last round of the first magazine. I have put 260 rounds of assorted fmj and jhp since with no problems.
    I had looked at the early CPX-1 model and passed on it after reading all the horror stories. For the price I paid I thought it was worth the gamble on the CPX-2. By the way there are 2 other guys who hang out at the lgs who own 2nd generation Sccy's that are happy with theirs.
    Last edited by franco45; December 24th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Heck...for $200 Ill give it a try. Now if I could find some free ammo.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by PileofBrass View Post
    I am superhouse15's former co-worker, I am currently the service manager/armorer for Sccy industries. Sccy has never used a blued slide, gen1's were black oxided and gen 2's are nitrided. info here Nitriding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    All of the slides are made from heat treated 416 stainless steel, the barrels are heat treated 416R stainless steel. There is no M.I.M. or cast parts, all metal parts are either 100% C.N.C. machined from bar stock, some smaller parts use stamped steel.
    Some of you would be very surprised at the market demand for this pistol. We now have multiple national ditributors selling our product(s). We get orders daily, the response from the gen 2's has been very positive! All of the known issues with the gen 1 pistols have been resolved with the gen 2. It's a hard to beat package in it's price range. I challenge anyone to find a better pistol for the same price! 15oz, 11 round, double action, 9x19 made in America, major components from stainless steel, great ergonomics, Dupont Zytel polymer grip, ships with two mags four mag bases 2 pinky extensions, 2 flat bottoms, gun specific trigger lock, Limited lifetime warranty, and sells for around $300. Noticeably less muzzle rise than my Kel-Tec P11, due to better grip design. Superhouse can tell you i'm a bit of a "gun snob" and had zero respect for the gen 1 Sccy's. After a few months here working in sales then production and assembly, i learned first hand what goes into the little pistols, also test firing hundreds if not thousands of them and I was "converted". I personally feel this is the best $300 handgun available. Of course you will all think i'm biased because i work for Sccy. go to Sccy's website (SCCY Industries) and watch the 3rd party video review of the gen 2 CPX-2. See what you think, you may change your feelings about Sccy. cheaperthandirt.com is selling CPX-2s for $204 plus shipping and transfer fee, if applicable. how can you go wrong?
    I just got a news letter in the my e-mail from my local indoor gun range about these guns.I just might give one a try.It's a great looking gun.
    Don't believe everything you think.

I bought a gen 1, changed out the safety after I kept enganging it during firing, and it was perfect ever since. Easily the best $200 gun I've encountered. I'd buy another one if I needed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links