My totally unplanned purchase today...a gift to myself!

This is a discussion on My totally unplanned purchase today...a gift to myself! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was planning on buying an HK P30L then the gun store manager showed me this S&W M&P9 Pro series...at half of the HK's price, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My totally unplanned purchase today...a gift to myself!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

I was planning on buying an HK P30L then the gun store manager showed me this S&W M&P9 Pro series...at half of the HK's price, and I could not resist. The gun is almost brand new, someone bought it recently and returned it just today. I was too impressed by the feel and balance of the gun. The trigger is as good as it gets.. tuned for competition; fiver optic sights.. the works! The only bad thing is that since it is used, I need to wait 14 days before I can pick it up. I really can't wait!

I have shot and owned, Berettas, XDMs, SIG, a Ruger, and currently own some Glocks and others. I have heard very good things about M&Ps. Does any one own this pistol or any M&Ps I would appeciate any comments. Thx

I'll post pics once I get it.

http://bjnorris.wordpress.com/equipm...-9-pro-series/

Never shot one, but have heard only good things about them. Let us know what you think.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Welcome to the Dark Side! I am absolutely in love with my M&P and trust it 100%. Great choice man.
    357and40 likes this.

why do you have to wait 14 days for a used gun? I've purchased used guns in Orlando the same day they hit the store and walked out with them that day since I have a Florida Concealed Weapons License.

you are gonna freaking love the M&P. Congratulations on a fine purchase.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The 9Pro is my competition gun, added an Apex trigger kit and a Dawson Precision F/O front sight. About 3000 rounds so far with 0 malfunctions, love it.

why do you have to wait 14 days for a used gun? I've purchased used guns in Orlando the same day they hit the store and walked out with them that day since I have a Florida Concealed Weapons License.

It seems since the gun was sold to the store today as used, there is a 14 day wait for the dealer before he can resell it. Maybe to make sure it is not stolen or something. I never heard about this before either. It has nothing to do with the purchaser (me).

Thanks

My M&P 40 Full and compact guns are my go to semi-auto handguns. Never had either give me a problem.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post

It seems since the gun was sold to the store today as used, there is a 14 day wait for the dealer before he can resell it. Maybe to make sure it is not stolen or something. I never heard about this before either. It has nothing to do with the purchaser (me).

Thanks
    good to know. Maybe the guys that sold mine same day had already run a check on the pistol? I did not realize there was any such waiting period on used guns purchased by a gun store. With technology today, 14 days seems extreme....as I am sure it does to you, too. Take a pic of an M&P and put it under your tree....might help a little.
    Charles07 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My M&P 40c is one the weapons I carry daily. VERY sweet shooter! you are going to like it a lot.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    good to know. Maybe the guys that sold mine same day had already run a check on the pistol? I did not realize there was any such waiting period on used guns purchased by a gun store. With technology today, 14 days seems extreme....as I am sure it does to you, too. Take a pic of an M&P and put it under your tree....might help a little.
    14 Days, Come on that's a bunch of BULL ; )PS Unless he's waiting for it to come out of pawn
    H/D
    chefjon likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    14 Days, Come on that's a bunch of BULL ; )PS Unless he's waiting for it to come out of pawn
    H/D
    I know! I was all ready to take it with its 3 magazines, different grip add ons, etc. Maybe the police wants to make sure it was not used in a crime. I am not sure if it is a local or state regulation. I'll ask them and post here.

Unless your LGS is gonna be closed for the holidays, I don't know why they'd make you wait 14 days.
    I think I should be able to claim my guns as dependents on my taxes. I have to clothe them, feed them, clean them when they get dirty, keep them safe from bad people...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure they have to wait a certain amount of time on a used gun, though not sure why. If the gun has been sitting in the case for a period of time you can walk in and buy it, but if it's been on hand less than that time thenthey have to wait for some period. I guess 14 days is the period of time.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Loved my M&PC 9mm and only traded it because I simply HAD to have a Glock; might just get another M&PC one day. Good luck with it!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Loved my M&PC 9mm and only traded it because I simply HAD to have a Glock; might just get another M&PC one day. Good luck with it!
    I am doing the exact opposite, I have a Glock G 26 and am going to sell it to get a M&P 9c.
    I really wanted to like the Glock but it just doesn't fit my hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links