M&P 10mm

This is a discussion on M&P 10mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, who do we talk to in order to get this made? I bet it would sell. I love my 10mm Glocks, but I would ...

Thread: M&P 10mm

M&P 10mm

So, who do we talk to in order to get this made? I bet it would sell. I love my 10mm Glocks, but I would really enjoy a full-size (maybe even a compact) M&P 10 even more.

Who's with me? Has there been anything put out by S&W as to why or why not this caliber wasn't made? They have it in 357 Sig for goodness sakes, why not 10mm?
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

2. Remove Ads

I would take 2 , one full size and one compact. still have my 1006.

Exactly. They've made 'em before, they need to make them now!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Pretty much the exact same chances as seeing a 10mm XD...in short, never gonna happen.

Not enough people buy and shoot 10mm anymore for S&W (or any other company) to recoup the cost of making it.

And I like 10mm, and have owned several...but I;m also a realist; no company has come out with a new design 10mm pistol in at least the last decade...they;ve all be copies of previously designed pistols (and mainly in 1911 or CZ platforms, at that).
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    There's more involved than just lengthening the chamber of a .40 cal barrel. Engineering and testing to insure proper function, reliability and safety is expensive. Selling even a couple of thousand guns wouldn't be profitable for them. While there are those who like the 10mm, I don't think the demand would be enough to offset the cost.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I contacted Springfield about building a costom XD in 10mm. Thie responce was that they would have to build a new Frame due to cartidge length and it would not be cost efficient due to lack of intrest in the 10mm.
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

Really that's about all Smith & Wesson does anymore is copy someone else's design.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links