Shot Placement Interesting Observation.

This is a discussion on Shot Placement Interesting Observation. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a range day yesterday, all together there were 7 people, 5 adult males (one police officer ex-Iraq war veteran), one adult Female(school teacher), ...

Thread: Shot Placement Interesting Observation.

Shot Placement Interesting Observation.

I did a range day yesterday, all together there were 7 people, 5 adult males (one police officer ex-Iraq war veteran), one adult Female(school teacher), and one 9 year old boy.

At first all were just punching paper, all of the adults have there own weapon, the boy fired 22lr from a Ruger Mark III heavy 5" barrel. the adult males shot 9mm from a M&P 9C, Ruger SR9C, Keltec PF9, Ruger LCP and the female a SR9C for all of the competition shooting.

We sat targets up mostly blank 8 1/2"x11" pieces of paper in different location from 7 yards to 25 yards, that when things got interesting and people really got to see just how bad of a shot they were, the police officer did all right because of his extensive training, I have shot this way since I got my CCW. By the way the adult males all had there CCW's, and only two could make consistence hits.

I found the female and the boy would listen to direction the first time and not question what they were told and shot better by the end of the day than the adult males. The female shot all sections with her SR9C and did well for only her second time at the range, the boy is my grandson and he has been shoot for a year or so, he listens and handles a gun safely as well as he is becoming a good shot.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A Ruger heavy-barreled .22 at 25 yards with 9-year-old eyes is a combination I don't want to face with a Keltec PF9 in particular, or any other compact mentioned.

Links