need help

need help

This is a discussion on need help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a cwp holder in sc and have to go to the charlotte nc airport. I know my permit is good in nc my ...

Thread: need help

need help

I am a cwp holder in sc and have to go to the charlotte nc airport. I know my permit is good in nc my question is when I get to the airport is it legal to put it in the glove compartment. I have read the nc laws but they are unclear at best. Thanks for the help.

It would be my opinion (take it for what it's worth) that you are OK to put your firearm in the glove box while in the parking lot, but NOT OK to carry on the grounds anywhere at the airport. I don't usually play around at airports. I take the gun and holster and lock it up securely in the vehicle and be done with it.

There is a Charlotte city ordinance (15-14) that prohibits carry at Charlotte Douglas Airport, but the City of Charlotte acknowledges that there is a NC state regulation that permits the carry of a deadly weapon in a vehicle glove box. Check this out, and search out section 15-14 for more info. http://www.charmeck.org/city/charlot...chAprilPLB.pdf

Good luck!
    I'm Quiz, and I approve this message.

thanks for the help

Links