Should I trade?

This is a discussion on Should I trade? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a stock Stainless Colt Officers ACP and have an offer to trade for a Springfield SS Champion with many upgrades. New sear, bobtail, ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Eaglebeak
  • 1 Post By Herknav
  • 1 Post By Inspector71

Thread: Should I trade?

Should I trade?

I have a stock Stainless Colt Officers ACP and have an offer to trade for a Springfield SS Champion with many upgrades. New sear, bobtail, trigger job, 3 magazines, throated barrell, titanium firing pin, bull barrel, tuned extractor, flared and lowered ejection port. Would it be a wise trade? Both guns mint.. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Just my personal opinion that's no better than anyone else's, but I'd trade your stainless Colt for a Springfield about as fast as I'd trade my sexy wife for a goat.

Gotta start wondering why anyone with something so alleged and superficially "whoope" would be so anxious to trade all their wonderous stuff for your "junky old Colt"??
    Herknav and glockman10mm like this.

imo Keep the Colt
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Keep the colt +1.

I've got this tuned up Honda Civic I'll trade you for your old '69 Mustang.

(Keep the Colt)
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Kind of makes sense. The Colt hasn't been the most reliable for me and I love the looks of the SA. I was just tossing around options... Hot Wife to goat huh? UGH....thats not cool

Colt started it all with the great JMB. Stick with the Colt.

Perhaps send the colt to Wilson Combat for a reliability package. They fine tuned mine & MAN it purrs!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Keep the Colt and buy the Springfield

Never trade a good gun (Oh the regrets)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    Just my personal opinion that's no better than anyone else's, but I'd trade your stainless Colt for a Springfield about as fast as I'd trade my sexy wife for a goat.
    Might as well lock this thread. You ain't gonna get a better answer than that.

Herk
    thephanatik likes this.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member
    JMO but if your having reliability problems with the Colt, get it fixed. Having the chamber throated, ramp polished and ejector tuned will probably resolve your problems. As for the rest of the work, your probably looking at some dollars to have the modifications done. Not sure if I'd have the Colt bobbed. Not even sure if bobbing an Officer frame is feasible.

Keep the Colt and buy the Springer outright.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am leery of anything customized, worked on, etc. I do not know who did the work and how it came out. just adds more variables in my eyes. just get the colt up to par and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not sure if I'd have the Colt bobbed. Not even sure if bobbing an Officer frame is feasible.
    No need to. The Officer's frame is ~3/8" shorter than the FS grip, which is what's on the Champion (think 4" Commander-ish). I agree that a reliability job by somebody like Cylinder & Slide would be the way to go. I have never done business with C&S, but I have yet to hear a bad word. As I understand, Bill Laughridge (C&S' owner) was the one who got the OACP to run reliably for Colt in the first place.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Keep the Colt!!
    Fitch likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I prefer the Colt simply because it is the original. The Springfields are nice but I believe the frames are made outside the USA in Brazil. They are good quality, but I still prefer the Colt as it is original. I also believe the Colt will keep its value over the long run.

Links