Good first gun?

This is a discussion on Good first gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A 22LR rifle and handgun is hard to beat. They will teach you everything you need to learn to shoot. After that a 6 shot ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good first gun?

A 22LR rifle and handgun is hard to beat. They will teach you everything you need to learn to shoot.

After that a 6 shot K or L frame Smith revolver would be a great shooter. I use 4" Smiths (38spec and 357s) as HD guns even today. Try a couple of guns of friends.

I am also a member of the Oakdale Gun Club one of the largest outdoor shooting ranges in the upper Miidwest (8 different ranges). I love doing RSO duty on the 25 yard range and helping new shooters with having a good experience. The most sure way to have a bad experience is to shoot a gun that the user is not ready for. Example: A 110 lb woman shooting her husbands Beretta PX4 in 45ACP. Thank goodness on of the members had a S&W 3913 9mm for the woman to shoot and had a great time. She will be back with a gun that will work for her.

The reason I shared this story is start small and grow into what you need. 22LR guns will teach you every thing you need to know.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

2. Remove Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links