Apex FSS Trigger or DCAEK for M&P9 Pro (4.25")?

This is a discussion on Apex FSS Trigger or DCAEK for M&P9 Pro (4.25")? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The day is rapidly approaching, and I will be picking up my new M&P9 Pro next week . I've shot the M&P9 several times, and ...

Thread: Apex FSS Trigger or DCAEK for M&P9 Pro (4.25")?

Apex FSS Trigger or DCAEK for M&P9 Pro (4.25")?

The day is rapidly approaching, and I will be picking up my new M&P9 Pro next week . I've shot the M&P9 several times, and the only thing I don't like about them is the trigger. I have been looking into doing either the DCAEK or FSS Trigger modification. I may start shooting IDPA this year, but this will be a carry/home defense gun 1st and foremost. Apex doesn't recomend the FSS Trigger for carry, but I'm just currious if any of you guys carry w/FSS mod?

2. Remove Ads

I use the 5" M&P9 Proseries for 3 gun competitions. I didn't like the trigger at first either and was gonna buy an aftermarket kit, but after about 500 rounds or so, the trigger felt a lot better and breaks evenly and consistently. If you are gonna use the handgun primarily for self defense, an aftermarket trigger is not advisable for numerous reasons I will not get into. My suggestion is to break the handgun in, at least 500 rounds, and see if you notice the difference in the trigger. Good luck with your decision!

Check the manufacture date on the new gun. I think at some point S&W started using the Apex geometry in their guns so you might not even need it. That said I really like my Apex but I've found that the benefits yielded depend greatly on the gun itself. Sometimes the benefits are awesome and quite tangible, other times you can't even tell the difference.

Have the same gun. I think the trigger is great on the pro. I have a few hundred rounds through mine now. I would shoot it some before throwing new parts at it. After a few hundred rounds, see how you like it. If you still think it needs tweaking than go for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I would jot feel comfortable carrying a fss equipped gun without a thumb safety. Little to no pretravel and a light pull are a recipe for disaster imo.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Sight upgrades are about as far as I dare go with a carry gun.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The DCAEK is an excellent trigger upgrade. The FSS is pretty much only recommended by Apex for competition, not defensive, pistols.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

if you decide on the FSS shoot me a pm or email, i have a new kit up for sale.

Links