Glock guy going sig?

This is a discussion on Glock guy going sig? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the time has come to get a new firearm. The glock 19 has always been my weapon of choice but over the summer while ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock guy going sig?

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Glock guy going sig?

So the time has come to get a new firearm. The glock 19 has always been my weapon of choice but over the summer while i was away someone broke in and stole it. For the record i was not carrying due to having to go to a federal building.

Anyways thats not the point pf this post. Today i decided to go look at the lc9 since i needed a new firearm but the dealer only had one and it had a laser and they wanted nearly 500. Looking at other firearms i came across a sig p250 with night sights for 349 so i went ahead and put it on layaway. This is the 3.6in barrel 9mm version.

Just wanting thoughts on this since i can still change it but i need to stay in that price range.

--------------------------------------
    Sent from my Sprint Photon using Tapatalk
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

The trigger is really smooth.
    I believe it is DAO. Nice gun - Nicer still is the $ tag!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

I was ecstatic over the price. It rang up much higher and a manager had to over ride it. It was their last one, a display unit which i normally do not buy but went with it.

Oh, iv upgraded my home security system to the k9 type since adt did not do a good job. My Belgian malinois seems great for the job.

Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Hard to stay in that price range with anything like a Kahr, Glock, S&W, Ruger. I know you didn't mention any particular brand, I'm just naming some of the popular ones. Ruger SR series? What about Kahr CW series? Those are probably your best chance. I haven't read anything bad about the Sig P250 yet.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Good solid gun from all the info ive heard on the Sig's ... cant go wrong with them..

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats, and welcome to the p250 world! If yours is anything like mine,you'll love it! The 3.6" barrel indicates that it is a Subcompact, and that is my daily carry. I have one in 9mm and one in 40S&W and I am happy to say they have been flawless.

You do know that that gun is modular and you can purchase X-change kits which can change the gun in to one of four calibers: 357 Sig, 9mm, 45 ACP or 40 S&W? The best part is when you change calibers or barrel lengths, you do not change accuracy or reliability.

At one time, these guns were despised especially by those traditional Sig owners who believed all Sigs had to be made of metal, and have DA/SA triggers. Over time, the word has gotten around that they are actually good, reliable firearms, at a reasonable price.

There is a 250 forum: P250SIG.COM
    Good luck and enjoy the gun.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I will check that forum, thanks.

Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I'd go ahead with the purchase, I think you'll love it, and if not, it would not be hard to find a buyer for it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It's a Sig. No more needs said. Soon you'll be saying "what glock".

VIP Member
    The majority of my shooting have been Sig's and 1911's lately.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The P250 is my primary carry weapon. I like it better than my other brand of pistols. Mine is also a compact 9mm and it is easy to conceal. I have a few thousand rounds through it and it asks for more. Enjoy it and shoot it often.

I have two compact P250's - a Gen1 9mm and a Gen2 45. Nowadays, I occasionally carry the 9mm version OWB since acquiring a Kahr K40 about a year ago. Things I really like about the P250 is it's simplicity, high value, reliability, lack of controls and overall ergonomics. I like to think of them as a semi-auto revolver with a very nice trigger. With that said, I also have a .40 sub compact conversion kit, but don't care for it at all. It's chunky and the grip is too short. I believe the 3.6" barrel is the sub-compact and the one you are looking at. Do what you want, but I like the Kahr CW9 or better yet, the CW45 over the subcompact. In other words, the P250 Compact is great, but I think there are better options in the more compact guns. Your dealer should be able to get you a P250 compact for $375 or so and about the same for the Kahr.

I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

the biggest issue I've heard about the 250's is the trigger. If you have dry fired it and it suits you, you have a winner. Also, the only haters of the 250 are those that do not own them. Seems like the ones that do have a 250 and carry it give it five stars. For the price, buy it and shoot the crap out of it. My guess is that you will be a lover like the rest of the actual owners.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Thanks for the feedback all. Hoping to have it home tomorrow and will post pics when i do.

Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'd go ahead with the purchase, I think you'll love it, and if not, it would not be hard to find a buyer for it.
    I agree, even if you decide you don't like it, for what your paying you should easily get your money back, if not more.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links