Give up my G19 Gen 3 for Gen 4?

This is a discussion on Give up my G19 Gen 3 for Gen 4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would keep the Gen 3 for sure........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Give up my G19 Gen 3 for Gen 4?

I would keep the Gen 3 for sure.....
    Son remeber this and you will go far ........

"The gunfight is in the head, not in the hands."
    +++++
    "God is Great... Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy"
    +++++

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Keep the gen 3 if you know what is good for you. If you pick up a gen 4 I would check the rsa, ejector, and extractor to see if they are all the latest revisions. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Why not do what I did for my Gen. 3 19 & 26: go to the Glock Store site and get the larger size mag. release, slide release & slide stop lever. Then get the tungsten rod for the 19 and SS rod for the 26(if you have a 26!). No muss, no fuss and , finally, I added a Falcon med. grip for the 26. Add night sights ( Trijicon for me) and you are good to go! Good luck, but if you get rid of your good Gen. 3, I think you'll regret it(Experience is the best teacher!... so learn from my prior mistakes!)
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Keep your Gen 3, that's already proven and reliable. If you want a Gen 4, save up and get it. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

if your gen3 has been flawless,keep it..

Don't do it!!!!!!

Wow, I guess I'd be making a mistake. So here was the deal. My brother wanted one, he was willing to pay the price of my new glock and take my G19 and that is where I thought, well, I could always pick up a gen 4. I get a better discount than he could go in as joe blow buying a Glock and is the reason he was willing to do this. But I guess I wont. Thanks for all the input!
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    Wow, I guess I'd be making a mistake. So here was the deal. My brother wanted one, he was willing to pay the price of my new glock and take my G19 and that is where I thought, well, I could always pick up a gen 4. I get a better discount than he could go in as joe blow buying a Glock and is the reason he was willing to do this. But I guess I wont. Thanks for all the input!
    Why doesn't your brother just buy a new one if he was going to pay the price of a new one for yours?????? Or you buy a new one with his money and gift it to him???

Because he cant get the pricing I can. But if Im gonna just keep my gen 3 and he still wants a 19 gen 3, Ill get it for him (new one). Hes the one who came up with the idea (me getting a gen 4), so I considered it. Not sure if its a killer price, but I can pick it up FS for $398
    CC:
    Home Protection:

no one ever answered my question on the post 2010 and the difference? And since I bought mine 1/2010, Im assuming mine was built in 2009. Thanks
    CC:
    Home Protection:

Regarding the OP's question, I don't think it matters. I have a Gen2 and a Gen4 pistol (both G17s), but I would not have sold my Gen2 to get then Gen4. I got an early Gen4 and haven't had any problems with it. Like others have said, if there is something you specifically really like more about the Gen4, then maybe it's worth it, but if it's just a general "upgrade," then I wouldn't do it.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have a 2005 Gen 3 that has been flawless through more than 3,000 rounds. I just replaced the recoil spring but it didn't break.

You have a great gun in that Gen 3 G19. I'm sure not going to trade mine for anything that might be less reliable. Nope, not gonna happen. Mine isn't broken and doesn't need fixing. I feel the same way about ny Gen 3 G26 too.

Let me put it this way, nobody should reach for either of my Gen 3 Glocks with anything they aren't willing to lose.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

VIP Member
    I would keep the gen 3. I hate the gen 4 mag release.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Duly noted. Thanks!
    Last edited by leathernuts; December 28th, 2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: mispelling
    CC:
    Home Protection:

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    Because he cant get the pricing I can. But if Im gonna just keep my gen 3 and he still wants a 19 gen 3, Ill get it for him (new one). Hes the one who came up with the idea (me getting a gen 4), so I considered it. Not sure if its a killer price, but I can pick it up FS for $398
    First off I wouldn't trade any Gen 3 for a Gen 4 right now. As for the $398 that sounds like the LEO / military price and going by your screen name I'm guessing USMC. I would buy it at that price and transfer it to him legally depending on the state laws you are obligated to follow. I did it over Thanksgiving for my cousin. Bought a new Glock 26 for the MIL price and when home on leave and transferred it to him. No fuss at all.
    leathernuts likes this.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links