Used XD9sc vs. New Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Used XD9sc vs. New Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As said before, flip a coin. If you really want summer conceal carry, the Kahr is better choice. Thinner and much lighter. Both are excellent ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Used XD9sc vs. New Kahr CW9

As said before, flip a coin. If you really want summer conceal carry, the Kahr is better choice. Thinner and much lighter. Both are excellent firearms.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

My .02 cents, the used XD, .... no doubt about it.

Good luck with the Kahr. My experience with their customer service was not good, and they weren't wanting to back up their barrels with the nickel coming off of them. They are still having the problem, can't seem to resolve it, and keep trying to act like the problem doesn't exist when called on it (which is BS, they know there is a problem, just don't want to have to change out all of those barrels).
    Springfield will back up their gun, with no issues and have about the best customer service there is.

As far as shooting, the XD is much smoother and easier to shoot.
    Someone in an earlier post said a CW9 was a soft shooter... compared to what ? My GP100 .357 - 4" barrel has a lot less kick than a Kahr CW9. We alternated shooting them, big difference and the Kahr lost.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You can a NEW Springfield XDSC in .40 for $377.99 at Springfield XD Subcompact Essentials Package 40 SW and they sell the same gun in 9mm for $407.99. You should definitely put the Ruger SR9C on your short list of guns to consider in that price range. cheaperthandirt.com has the Taurus 709 Slim for $262 - http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2TI709031FS-1.html.

Start checking out slickguns.com on a daily basis and you'll find some great deals.

Congrats on the new Kahr!! Be safe.

Enjoy the Kahr good choice. Hornady critical defense ammo runs very nice through my CW9

My vote is for the XD its the best of the best for the price IMO mine has never let me down once! With that being said i would save and get a new one if you can. But if the used one is in excellent shape it should be fine.

I own both. I like them both. The CW9 is my daily carry. It is lighter, thinner, easier to carry and fits my hand perfect.

The XD9sc is thicker but holds more rounds, seems to have a bit more muzzle flip due to a higher bore axis, but it too fits my hand very well. It is heavier and doesn't carry as easily but could easily be an all year carry gun.

My advice is to find a way to fire both and decide which is better for you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

So as you all know I went with the Kahr CW9. I have put 200 rounds through it and not one malfunction. I really like this gun a lot, I am going to have to get used to the trigger but really enjoy shooting it.

I will have to go to the range a few more times while I am waiting for my THEIS holster to arrive. I highly recommend this gun!

The nice thing about the trigger is consistent and the pull is even all the way through the stroke once you get some familiarity with it you will be able to "preset" it .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links