Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

This is a discussion on Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been thinking hard about getting a PPQ. I have already gotten a few local prices and I'm just stuck on deciding on a caliber ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

sr4
    I've been thinking hard about getting a PPQ. I have already gotten a few local prices and I'm just stuck on deciding on a caliber now. The only pistol I have is in .380 and I'm just not sure what to go with next.

The PPQ sure does feel pretty darn amazing in my hand. That's one of the things I have noticed about most Walther handguns; they all have amazing grip ergonomics.

I guess I'm also having to think about available accessories for the PPQ compared to say a Glock 19. Anyone know of some good holsters available for the PPQ?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Walther dropped prices on all their pistols - you can get a PPS or a PPQ in the $500 range now, down from the previous $600+.
    Oh, when I read that that made me grumpy. I paid $610 for my PPS not that long ago, but then I realized I got 2 magazines plus a $50 rebate, so it was about the same price.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

My wife carries a Walther PK 3380, its an excellent gun. I'm sure this PPQ is a good one.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Can use P99 mags, sights and even barrel/slide assembly!

Was reading through some other forums and ran across a post showing a comparison of the p99 and PPQ slides and frames side-by-side. You can use a p99 slide assembly with the PPQ but it is not a recommended factory combination. However, in a worst case situation, there are a lot more p99 parts out there that can be used. Several folks have replaced the sights with p99 night sights as well. As mentioned earlier in this tread, the newer p99 mags work fine as well.

I picked up a PPQ not long ago out the door for 519 form my LGS.(posted pics on another thread) Sunday heading to the range to run a few rounds through it.

I have been debating over a Glock 19 or an M&P 9c for a while now. Been waiting to see if I could find a good deal private party before I just go and buy new.

Well, I went to my LGS over the weekend and made the mistake of holding a PPQ. I cannot get this gun out of my head now. I'm nearly 100% sure this will be my next pruchase. It feels "made for my hand" good, and the trigger was the best I've felt in all the polymer guns that I've dryfired.

For those who have a PPQ, how's the grip length for concealed carry? It looks longer than the G19, which seems to rule in the grip length to capacity ratio.

I no longer have a G19 to make a direct comparison but my impression is that they are about the same size give or take a mm. The Glock may be a hair smaller but the more rounded lines of the PPQ make it a comfortable CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    For those who have a PPQ, how's the grip length for concealed carry? It looks longer than the G19, which seems to rule in the grip length to capacity ratio.
    Appears to be taller than a G19 by a good amount. I have also heard issues with frame/slide fit, very loose and wobbly. Also finish not being very duable. but again thats just forum lore.

I've had my 9mm PPQ for a few months now. Around 900 rounds, ZERO problems. Fits my hand great. Best out-of-the-box trigger on any poly striker-fired pistol I've owned. 2 IDPA matches, had my best scores with the PPQ. My slide fit is TIGHT. My finish is pristine. Well, it may have a few marks now from holster draws. It is my EDC. I believe the grip is slightly longer than the G19. I have no problems with concealment in a Tommy Theis IWB holster. It's a fine pistol. Prices are now around $500--that's with 2 mags, extra backstraps, and mag loader.

Only pic I have of mine is in a OWB holster i use for IDPA

TJx
    Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    I have also heard issues with frame/slide fit, very loose and wobbly. Also finish not being very duable. but again thats just forum lore.
    Mine that I've had for a few weeks has quite a bit, about twice as much on muzzle end then rear. Doesn't affect accuracy or reliability.
    The research I've done on forums has it as being normal. One guy with as much as mine or more sent his back to Walther and was returned without anything done do it saying it was normal.
    The gun that is designed to have the play, my new Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec, has the tightest fit of any gun I own, go figure.

I am getting one they are fantastic and it will make for nice OWB carry option. Around $500.00 from my LGS. I love the ergonomics of this gun i am not sure why but it fits my hand and style of shooting.

I ordered mine today fired up to get it next week.
    Last edited by Ramjet; January 5th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

I own one and have about 700 rounds through it. Not one malfunction and the trigger is awfully nice (the reset is outstanding). I find it to be extremely accurate. I have not tried to carry it IWB so I can't speak to those questions - it is my training and competition pistol. I originally purchased it because my EDC is the Walther PPS which I also absolutely love and I wanted the same magazine release on my larger range pistol.

I highly recommend this pistol.

Would you consider it in the same class as the HK P30? Around $340 less than the P30.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
    -Thomas Jefferson-

By far the best 9mm I have ever shot...and I have shot many...this is step above ...all West German made.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links