Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

This is a discussion on Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shockwave Sorry, Nuthin'Fancy fanboys, but Hickock45 is the standard by which all gun reviewers are measured. The man is a legend. Yep. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Sorry, Nuthin'Fancy fanboys, but Hickock45 is the standard by which all gun reviewers are measured. The man is a legend.
    Yep. Nutnfancy is about as narcissistic as it gets. He refers to himself in the third person for crying out loud.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
    PPS
    Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    Yeah, but that has different internals...different trigger anyway.
    Precisely. Ain't nobody raving about the PPS trigger (not that it's bad, but nobody's raving). Subcompact single and double stack PPQ's would sell like hotcakes; PPQ would excite me if it got down to Glock 19/Glock 26 dimensions.

Many of us are always in the market for a better subcompact or 9mm mousegun than the one we've got; but rarely in the market for a fullsize.

Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    Yep. Nutnfancy is about as narcissistic as it gets. He refers to himself in the third person for crying out loud.
    I love Hickock45's analysis of the PPQ. But NUTNFANCY does an excellent job of giving information, views, comparative information and opinions regarding the PPQ. Hickock45 may like the weapon and shoot it well, but beyond the standard information, you are left in the dark. I've had it with all of the elitist people talking smack about NUTNFANCY. The guy does an excellent job exposing information about every piece of gear he reviews, yes he has his opinions and his "POU" but the information provided is probably the most complete of any youtuber I've found on any given item. By the way, Hickock45 (whom I also follow very closely and respect) also refers to himself in the 3rd person at the beginning of every video. Its called privacy protection.

Quote Originally Posted by marknmx View Post
    I love Hickock45's analysis of the PPQ. But NUTNFANCY does an excellent job of giving information, views, comparative information and opinions regarding the PPQ. Hickock45 may like the weapon and shoot it well, but beyond the standard information, you are left in the dark. I've had it with all of the elitist people talking smack about NUTNFANCY. The guy does an excellent job exposing information about every piece of gear he reviews, yes he has his opinions and his "POU" but the information provided is probably the most complete of any youtuber I've found on any given item. By the way, Hickock45 (whom I also follow very closely and respect) also refers to himself in the 3rd person at the beginning of every video. Its called privacy protection.
    Hickok45 makes you watch the entire video to find out whether he likes a gun....Nutnfancy will tell you in the first thirty seconds that the gun either "rocks" or "sucks". I enjoy both these guys as they are living the dream of making money shooting and doing what they love. How could it get better than that? Their passion for what they are doing is what makes both of them worthy of spending my time to watch.
    C hawk Glock and marknmx like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Hickok45 makes you watch the entire video to find out whether he likes a gun....Nutnfancy will tell you in the first thirty seconds that the gun either "rocks" or "sucks". I enjoy both these guys as they are living the dream of making money shooting and doing what they love. How could it get better than that? Their passion for what they are doing is what makes both of them worthy of spending my time to watch.
    I completely agree! Even worse if you like surprises (lol) his title will generally dictate the direction of the review. I think they both do a great job, I watch both of them and anxiously await new posts from both. Its just annoying hearing the intricate little things ignorant people nitpick to discredit and insult someone, its juvenile. Same concept, different format and demeanor, I like them both. All I can say to all the people hating on one or the other is to look up the word objective and try to emulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by marknmx View Post
    I completely agree! Even worse if you like surprises (lol) his title will generally dictate the direction of the review. I think they both do a great job, I watch both of them and anxiously await new posts from both. Its just annoying hearing the intricate little things ignorant people nitpick to discredit and insult someone, its juvenile. Same concept, different format and demeanor, I like them both. All I can say to all the people hating on one or the other is to look up the word objective and try to emulate it.
    Except liking or disliking something or someone is an opinion and opinions are, by nature, subjective. I've heard a lot of good things about the PPQ and have been attempting to track one down to see in person but gun shops are tough to come by in my area and since I live in New York, any full size pistol I buy, especially in 9mm is required to have a neutered magazine which has often caused me to shy away from 9mm's in general. But with my tax return coming I think it may be time to scratch the itch, neutered magazine and all. The PPQ has definitely made my short list next to a Glock 19 and the Sig P938.
    "Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    ~Thomas Jefferson
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security."
    ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    Precisely. Ain't nobody raving about the PPS trigger (not that it's bad, but nobody's raving). Subcompact single and double stack PPQ's would sell like hotcakes; PPQ would excite me if it got down to Glock 19/Glock 26 dimensions.

Many of us are always in the market for a better subcompact or 9mm mousegun than the one we've got; but rarely in the market for a fullsize.
    You are right about the trigger. It has that Glock type trigger with the safety in the middle. When I first started firing mine, I felt a discomfort which bothered my finger for hours. It was from the trigger safety. I shot more rounds and placed my finger higher up on the trigger. I also purchase a limbsaver since the pistol is very thin. Now I have no problems and I am very happy with it.
    I realize the PPS is not a range gun, it is my carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    Appears to be taller than a G19 by a good amount. I have also heard issues with frame/slide fit, very loose and wobbly. Also finish not being very duable. but again thats just forum lore.

Does the bore sit as high in the hand as it looks?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I like both of these guys, but let me ask you one thing about Hickok45. When is the last time he did a review of a gun he did not like? I honestly can't remember.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I like both of these guys, but let me ask you one thing about Hickok45. When is the last time he did a review of a gun he did not like? I honestly can't remember.
    He flat out says he likes all guns, and tries to find the good in them. He is honest about what he personally doesn't care for but generally won't knock it.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I keep reading about this gun on all the different forums. I will have to go shoot one.

Hickock45 has stated that he doesn't often review guns he thinks stink. He wants to review guns that he likes. Jeff Quinn has said the same (gunblast.com).

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I keep reading about this gun on all the different forums. I will have to go shoot one.
    Don"t do it cause it will cost you money.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I finally got to handle one, albeit in .40 which I have enough of. I ordered a 9 on the spot. The ergonomics are nice and the trigger pull and reset superb. I really want the First Edition buy told my LGS whichever they get ahold of first was fine. They had two in stock in .40 and hadn't had them long, they were #2 and #3 that they had gotten in; #1 sold within hours of arrival.

Oh you are going to like this gun. I was going to,order number 2 because my wife wanted this one so I set forth my evil plan;
    Get my wife to like another gun more than the PPQ. So working hard making the sale and wella she decides she shoots and likes the Rhino 357 better. So yeeeeehahahahahah my plan works I say to her; "honey seeing you shoot that other gun so well I will take that Walther 9 mm back and carry that one I am willing to do that for you..............honey?" she squints her eyes and says; "OK" plan works me got back my PPQ yeeeehhaaaaaaaaa. By the way I know this come back to bite me right square in the rear end!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links