Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret.. - Page 5

Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

This is a discussion on Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock The long slide release on the P30 is piss poor and all most every single one of them I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Walther ppq,maybe the best kept secret..

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    The long slide release on the P30 is piss poor and all most every single one of them I have picked up or shot had a lose one.
    Every single one that you've tried moves because that's the way they make them. Tis OK if you hate it, but it isn't a QC thing.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    Any chance of them releasing a subcompact PPQ?
    PPS
    Actually, I think the P99QA Compact is probably closer to what most people think of when they say "subcompact PPQ" -- like a Glock G26. Something that works the same, and takes the same mags.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    PPQ would excite me if it got down to Glock 19/Glock 26 dimensions.
    http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/s...d.php?p=182992

Walther PPQ or S&W M&P ,,,, one will be my next purchase
    I have the same dilemma. I have shot both and like both of them but the one major turn off for me is the cost for Walther mags, $50-60 compared to around $40 for S&W M&P mags. Both come with 2 mags but the PPQ also comes with a speed loader which to me is great.

I'm sure some may say that " Well if you cannot afford the price of the mags then maybe you shouldn't buy the gun". I can afford the mags its just the fact that for the price of 1 Walther mag I can get 2 S&W M&P mags, more mags obviously means more ready to go ammo

Then there is also the fact that some say you can use P99 mags and with a slight adjustment can then use them in the PPQ. Arg .. decisions decisions, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by firemanjones View Post
    The Walther P5 is the best kept secret in my opinion...
    I can't agree more.

Stay safe,
    Vv

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I have the same dilemma. I have shot both and like both of them but the one major turn off for me is the cost for Walther mags, $50-60 compared to around $40 for S&W M&P mags. Both come with 2 mags but the PPQ also comes with a speed loader which to me is great.

I'm sure some may say that " Well if you cannot afford the price of the mags then maybe you shouldn't buy the gun". I can afford the mags its just the fact that for the price of 1 Walther mag I can get 2 S&W M&P mags, more mags obviously means more ready to go ammo

Then there is also the fact that some say you can use P99 mags and with a slight adjustment can then use them in the PPQ. Arg .. decisions decisions, haha.
    Much like HK, you can get the OEM mags cheaper, you just need to keep a lookout. To find the OEM mags, do a Google shopping search for: WAF76001 (9mm).

Here is an example (I have no direct experience with this specific vendor). The $42 price isn't unusual.
    http://www.fedtacticaldirect.com/Wal...1_p_36145.html

Also, there is another mag which is identical to the OEM mag other than finish and follower color. Typical price is $32. Search for MAGFA915. My understanding is the same company manufacures this and the OEM mag.
    http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/MAGAZ...15RD-p8374.htm

I've ordered these mags from CMC w/o issue.

There are two different revisions of the P99 mags. My understanding is the 2nd gen work w/o modification and the older ones need to be cut down. Personally I wouldn't mess with them and just go with the MAGFA915.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Much like HK, you can get the OEM mags cheaper, you just. need to keep a lookout. To find the OEM mags, do a Google shopping search for: WAF76001 (9mm).

Here is an example (I have no direct experience with this specific vendor). The $42 price isn't unusual:
    Walther PPQ Magazine 9mm 15rd WAF76001

Also, there is another mag which is identical to the OEM mag other than finish and follower color. Typical price is $32. Search for MAGFA915:
    Magnum Research Mag 15Rd MAGFA915

I've ordered these mags from CMC w/o issue.

There are two different revisions of the P99 mags. My understanding is the 2nd gen work w/o modification and the older ones need to be cut down. Personally I wouldn't mess with them and just go with the MAGFA915.

-john
    +1

Iíve got 7 of the MAGFA915s, and they work great. I use them for IDPA/range mags and keep the Walther ďlabeledĒ mags for CCW/HD.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Search for MAGFA915
    and
    Iíve got 7 of the MAGFA915s, and they work great.
    Ah HA !! Great to know .. Thanks a lot !! That helps in my decision. Went to the GS in Orlando this past weekend and found a decent deal on a PPQ but didn't have enough cash on me at the time to get the special show price $519, but they did say it was their normal store price. But one of the gun shops near me just moved to a new location and I'm hopin they'll have a great 'grand opening' sale.

Thanks again for the info on the extra mags.

I own it

I own the walther ppq .40s&w and it is by far the best investment yet. I am looking for new mags for it if anyone knows where to get them please let me know. I can be reached at my email address. I am also looking for a Hester that will accommodate a light too. ernie_monroe@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Weeezil View Post
    I own the walther ppq .40s&w and it is by far the best investment yet. I am looking for new mags for it if anyone knows where to get them please let me know. I can be reached at my email address. I am also looking for a Hester that will accommodate a light too. ernie_monroe@yahoo.com
    I have a Kaluban Cloak for one of my PPQs with a SureFire X400 mounted:

Iíve also got one for my PPQ without a light, and I just ordered a 3rd for an M9 that Iíll be carrying while deployed. You could say Iím pretty impressed with Kaluban Cloaks! 1st rate quality, awesome service and theyíre very modular going from OWB to IWB just by changing hardware.

Kaluban Cloak

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links