New favorite Gun Shop

This is a discussion on New favorite Gun Shop within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not sure you will think this is in the right section or not but bear with me. I wanted to buy a new ...

Thread: New favorite Gun Shop

New favorite Gun Shop

I am not sure you will think this is in the right section or not but bear with me.

I wanted to buy a new holster for the XD 40sc today and I decided to check out one of the only gun shops in the Memphis area that I had not been to yet since moving here in October of 2005.

Not far from where I work is a shop called Guns & Ammo and it doesn't look like too much from the outside. It is located on Summer Ave. just a block or so from the Summer Ave. and Highland St. intersection. So, I went inside and as soon as I stepped in the door I swear I could almost hear angles singing. The place is FULL of guns.
    I have noticed that most gunshops now a days tend to be lite on the inventory of guns. This shop, whigh is really not huge, has over 1500 guns on display. Of that 1500, roughly 1200 are handguns! And a good percentage of the long guns they have on display are AR's! I was in heaven.
    I found the holster I was looking for and spent the better part of an hour just drooling on the glass counters! They had nearly everything I wanted to see or could think of. They have one of the new Gunsight S&W PD1911sc models that I had just read about in a magazine the day before.
    More XD's in one place than I have ever seen before. Nearly every type of holster there is. Scopes, laser sights, knives, all manners of gear and equipment. Just everything.

If you are in the Memphis area and have not been there yet, I highly reccomend the place. Any type of CCW gun you could ever want to check out and hold.

It's my new favorite gun shop. I think they will probably get to know me in there pretty well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

That's Awesome!

The closest I have around here is the local Scheel's, where the guy who sold me my 870 HD actually comes up to me and starts chattin' with me about a Kimber he's buying, and the 590 I'm buying and how to use it in 3 gun competitions.

The next best is a small shop about 45 minutes away, where the counter-lady helped me with my first AR and talked for about an hour with me after I bought it.

Man I wish we had more gun shops.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

pt-111 i would have to agree that does sound like heaven and i am sure i would end up in there for the best part of a day! =O) now i know where i need to be put to rest, or maybe an urn in the corner would be good....use me as a door stop for all i care =o)

Links