Grips switch out P239

Grips switch out P239

This is a discussion on Grips switch out P239 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Changed the factory wooden grips on my P239 today to a set of brushed aluminum Houges. The woodies really looked great on the gun but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Grips switch out P239

Grips switch out P239

Changed the factory wooden grips on my P239 today to a set of brushed aluminum Houges. The woodies really looked great on the gun but were a little thick for my hands. The Houges fit me much better. How do you think they look?

K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    I run the Cocobolo (sp?) on mine, and do appreciate the snag-free nature of the wood as well as the aesthetics, but I've been thinking about picking up a set of the aluminum ones for a while now to slim things down a bit... Are they that much thinner? Do you notice it at all carrying, or just in your hand? Any issues with them "gripping" clothing or cover garments?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I run the Cocobolo (sp?) on mine, and do appreciate the snag-free nature of the wood as well as the aesthetics, but I've been thinking about picking up a set of the aluminum ones for a while now to slim things down a bit... Are they that much thinner? Do you notice it at all carrying, or just in your hand? Any issues with them "gripping" clothing or cover garments?
    Opfor, they are a good bit thinner. I have only had them on for a short while and was carrying in a paddle holster so I am not sure it would be a good gauge of concealment. I do not forsee any gripping issues on your clothing, which is why I did not want the rubber grips. I mainly changed for the thinner in the hand feel. I think with a different holster that would pull the gun tighter to your body that the aluminum grips would aid in concealment as well. The paddle holster kind of hangs out there and is not a good one for concealment. Good luck with your decision.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    Thanks. And, to answer your original question - hey, they ain't as purty as the wood ones, but they actually do look good. If they work, then that just makes 'em look all that much better. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Hogue aluminum grips

I also have a P239 that came with rubber grips, and switched them out for Hogue black aluminum grips like yours. The aluminum is thinner and less bulky than the rubber, and adheres to my hand very well. So I have become a fan of the aluminum grips and have them on several other guns.

bigdog44 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Pogo, that does look good on your gun. Is the frame refinished in some coating or is that a Sig finish? I used to have a black P239 with stock grips and I think the aluminum Houges are a least equal to them as far as being as thin. Nice gun!
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    Pogo, that does look good on your gun. Is the frame refinished in some coating or is that a Sig finish? I used to have a black P239 with stock grips and I think the aluminum Houges are a least equal to them as far as being as thin. Nice gun!
    I bought this gun used, and the original owner had it nickel plated to give the overall stainless look.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I too have a Sig 239 but a little different than these. Tactical with threaded barrel. Black and night sights. Shown with my ENYO knife and it goes in my Don Hume Holster. I really like it but as many here have found the switching of the grips is a big deal. I too went to Hogues but in rubber for my hand size. They make a big difference in grip and control.
    IMG_0310.jpg
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    I too have a Sig 239 but a little different than these. Tactical with threaded barrel. Black and night sights. Shown with my ENYO knife and it goes in my Don Hume Holster. I really like it but as many here have found the switching of the grips is a big deal. I too went to Hogues but in rubber for my hand size. They make a big difference in grip and control.
    IMG_0310.jpg
    Nice! Looks sinister in all black.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

I have a quick question for the OP. How do you like the DAO on that Sig? I am in the market for a 239 and love the Gen1 based on the look of it. I have a 229 myself in DA/SA so I know how that trigger feels. If you can offer some input it would be appreciated.

I like the new grips! I like the look better than the wood grips. I have never really been a fan of wood grips on a semi-auto.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by sniperxix View Post
    I have a quick question for the OP. How do you like the DAO on that Sig? I am in the market for a 239 and love the Gen1 based on the look of it. I have a 229 myself in DA/SA so I know how that trigger feels. If you can offer some input it would be appreciated.
    I like the DAK very much. Not much different than a double action revolver, or my CW9, or for that matter my Glock 19. It is very smooth and the pull is about six pounds if I remember correctly. I also have a P229 in DA/SA and I shoot it very well, but I still like the DAK better.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

I have Hogue aluminum grips for my Sig P220 Carry, but replaced them with Hogue G-10's recently. I liked the metal grips ok, but I found that they scratch too easily and they also conduct heat/cold. I carry my Sig aiwb and in the winter they get ice cold. The G-10's don't scratch......and they don't get cold. Like them better......

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    I have Hogue aluminum grips for my Sig P220 Carry, but replaced them with Hogue G-10's recently. I liked the metal grips ok, but I found that they scratch too easily and they also conduct heat/cold. I carry my Sig aiwb and in the winter they get ice cold. The G-10's don't scratch......and they don't get cold. Like them better......
    I thought about the scratch issue, but I don't carry this one regularly. Time will tell I guess but I do like the fit!
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    Well, as luck (?!) would have it, I dropped my P239 this morning and broke the cocobolo grips. Guess I'll be in the market for new ones sooner than I thought. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links