Glock guy joining the Kahr Club

This is a discussion on Glock guy joining the Kahr Club within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; from Central Florida! Leaving Glock? You'll be back! ret...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock guy joining the Kahr Club

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Leaving Glock? You'll be back!

ret
    NY27 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Excellent deal! I have a Kahr PM9 with over 4,000 rounds through it and it's my second favorite carry gun. I'd like to get a P9, for a slimline carry pistol when I want something with a little more capacity than the PM9. What a deal, I would have snapped it up too.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

wow, i would of jumped on that one too! Now your making me want to go get one.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Welcome! Late Christmas gifts a always fun. Enjoy!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Congratulations, you got a great price. Two things, (1) make sure you do the break in before becoming concerned about reliability and (2) thoroughly read and understand the instructions on reassembly. I have a K40 that I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck in preference to my issued Glock 23.

VIP Member
    Great buy!

My other Kahr is a PM40.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Thanks for all the advice and welcoming me to the forum, folks!

In all honesty, I didn't have to do much arm-twisting, just let the owner know that I wasn't reaching for my wallet unless he made me an offer I couldn't refuse -- and he did.

I think he meant what he said: He wanted to move some inventory that had come with the store, and my buddy and I were in the right place at the right time.

I've been doing lots of reading -- on this forum and elsewhere -- about the care and feeding of the Kahr; trust me, I'll take my time breaking her in right.

For those who've said I'll be back to the Glock side, let me say this: You don't think I actually got rid of my Glocks, do you? There may be no such thing as the perfect pistol, but that doesn't mean I can't keep searching (and adding to the collection). I suspect there will be times a plenty when the Glocks will be out of the safe and back in the holster.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Traitor, traitor, traitor!...

Some people should own more of a variety of brand names (& calibers) so they can see that one gun doesn't fit all. A good deal is a good deal, regardless of name. Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'm also a Glock owner who has several West German SIG handguns. I love my G26 and my G36, but decided to purchase another Kahr. (I deep pocket carry a Kahr P380)

I looked at the MK9 Elite. Felt it, fondled it, looked at the price tag..."Eeek". But about that time my GF decided to break up with me, thus saving me around $400 in cash I was going to gift her for Christmas for her Ruger LCR.

Thanks Catherine for exercising good timing!

I took my money, added the $400 and bought the MK9 and I love it. Cleaned it, lubed it with Slide-Glide and went shooting. After over 400 rounds of mixed brand 9mm ammo, I happy with the Kahr.

I'll still keep the Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike581 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice and welcoming me to the forum, folks!

In all honesty, I didn't have to do much arm-twisting, just let the owner know that I wasn't reaching for my wallet unless he made me an offer I couldn't refuse -- and he did.

I think he meant what he said: He wanted to move some inventory that had come with the store, and my buddy and I were in the right place at the right time.

I've been doing lots of reading -- on this forum and elsewhere -- about the care and feeding of the Kahr; trust me, I'll take my time breaking her in right.

For those who've said I'll be back to the Glock side, let me say this: You don't think I actually got rid of my Glocks, do you? There may be no such thing as the perfect pistol, but that doesn't mean I can't keep searching (and adding to the collection). I suspect there will be times a plenty when the Glocks will be out of the safe and back in the holster.
    That is very funny I was thinking the same thing.

Here is my partial list.
    Fnh 5.7 x 28 (two of these)
    Chiappa arms Rhino 357 in both 2" and 6"
    S & W Model 29 Nickle 44 mag
    Kahr CW9
    Kahr TP45
    Glock model 20
    2- CZ Model 82 9x18 Makarov
    K-frame Smith & Wesson 32 H&R Mag
    Walther P-22
    S&W 22 auto
    Taurus Judge Snubbie and 6" 410 2.5"

Keep them all shoot them all.

VIP Member
    A paraphrase from "Jaws," We need a bigger safe!"
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

You are so correct but the guns I can get by with the safe will be much tougher to sneak in!

Mike581: Welcome! And , by the way, is that Bill Mauldin's "Joe" of WWII fame?
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Awesome buy!! I almost dropped the cash on the Kahr, but ended up with the Beretta Nano for my EDC. Great weapon, and my first entry into the "pocket", "micro", whatever they call those size models these days.

I'm still in the market for the Kahr though. If I could get your deal, I totally do it.

You are correct! My avatar is from Bill Mauldin's fantastic Stars & Stripes cartoons about two GIs in the European mud, Willie & Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Mike581: Welcome! And , by the way, is that Bill Mauldin's "Joe" of WWII fame?
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links