Glock guy joining the Kahr Club

This is a discussion on Glock guy joining the Kahr Club within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm actually going the other way - maybe. I usually carry a PM9 and a LCP in opposite pockets, due to considerations at work. However, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock guy joining the Kahr Club

I'm actually going the other way - maybe. I usually carry a PM9 and a LCP in opposite pockets, due to considerations at work. However, I shoot my G19 better than any other handgun that I own, which isn't a surprise, as it is the largest and heaviest and has a full-sized grip. So, over the past week, I've been experimenting with OWB carry, using a Tagua leather holster I picked up at a local gun store. So far, so good. I won't be able to pull this off at work, but I may try it on the weekends.

I've always been a big proponent of carrying the same gun (or at least ones with similar manuals of arms) in the same location on your body, due to concerns over muscle memory. Carrying OWB at 3:30 puts the pistol right over the pocket, so I think it might work. IWB does not work for me - I've tried several holsters that folks rave about, and I found them all uncomfortable.

My experience with Kahr has been mixed, to say the least. If I can carry a Glock instead, even only some of the time, I think I will be much better off.

My prediction? You'll be back to Glock.
    leathernuts likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I have a Glock 19 and several Kahrs. Very similar guns, but I tend to carry the Kahr PM9 the most since it is so lightweight and slim. Follow the instruction manual (chamber the first round with the slide release) and shoot the 200 rounds for break in. I cleaned all of my Kahrs before taking them to the range for the first time to reduce the possibility of any issues.

I also recommend looking at Remora holsters. I carried my Kahr PM9 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck and while it was very comfortable, the Remora is even more comfortable and versatile.
    This; except I like the UBG Striker much more than the Remora for my PM9.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    That was a STEAL.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Agreed with many here. A G22, with a G27 backup are primary duty weapons. Like me both. Carry my CM9 off duty. Extremely easy to conceal, light, and dead on accurate. Never was a Kahr fan until I shot one. Now I'm in love with my CM9. Lighter and less bulky than my G27. Do occasionally still carry the 27, but usually in the winter when the bulk is easy to conceal.

A_D
    Great buy! I just bought a Berretta NANO for the same. The salesman kept trying to sell me a Kahr for close to $800. I just couldn't do it. Kahr's are overrated and grossly overpriced. The Nano is a great ccw pistol, and MSRP's at $525- (around $450 at most shops). I highly recommend it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

Got a deal on a PM9 back in the summer and love it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the P9. Welcome.
    Kahr PM9
    M&P 9mm
    Springfield TRP
    Dan Wesson CCO

Don't take today for granted, there might not be a tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by A_D View Post
    Great buy! I just bought a Berretta NANO for the same. The salesman kept trying to sell me a Kahr for close to $800. I just couldn't do it. Kahr's are overrated and grossly overpriced. The Nano is a great ccw pistol, and MSRP's at $525- (around $450 at most shops). I highly recommend it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk
    paid $387 delivered for my CM9....how much did you pay for the Nano? If you want to broaden your horizons, check out the Kahr CW and CM series budget models. Great guns for the money and you can find them below $400 on the internet and some local gun stores, but not many. Yes, the K and T series Kahrs are pricey, but very high end pistols. I lust after a K9 Elite with the polished stainless finish....but the $800 price tag eventually sinks in.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links