Bersa BP9CC

Bersa BP9CC

This is a discussion on Bersa BP9CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys..here is my new youtube channel with a review on the new Bersa Bp9CC. Let me know what ya think. Bersa BP9CC Review Part ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bersa BP9CC

Bersa BP9CC

Hey guys..here is my new youtube channel with a review on the new Bersa Bp9CC. Let me know what ya think.

Bersa BP9CC Review Part 1 and Intro Video - YouTube
    zonker1986 likes this.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy New Year and God Bless

Great review. Assume part II is in the hopper?

I picked up a duotone BP 9CC a while ago, and agree with everything you stated in your review. IMO, its the best single stack 9mm to come out in 2011....period.

BTW, been shooting Bersas since 1992.....great guns with a Walther influence that just work.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Good review Travis, well thought out and direct. I enjoyed it and will be following your channel through DC Forum. Let us know when you put up another video. My buddy has been jabbering on nonstop about the Bersa BP9CC so I linked it to him as well.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Nice review.

That's a very nice looking pistol for sure. It looks like they took the best of all those other pistols to help them come out with this new design....very nice. I like Bersas, you get a lot for your money.

Thank you all for your support. Shooting video coming soon.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Solid review, thanks. I handled one myself over the Christmas holiday and my first impressions with the pistol are very positive. If the handgun functions well and is reliable and runs as good as it looks on the outside it will be a strong player in the compact pistol wars. On handling of the pistol the ergonomics are very good and the gun feels good in the hand and points naturally.
    Competition is a good thing and this gun will be good for the consumer especially at a price point below $350. Look out CW9, PM9 and LC9.

PS: I could have taken the one home I handled for $340 OTD.............But I was strong like oak and did not buy it.......it would have been my 6th gun purchase this year..........it may well be my first for 2012!

I already have a LCP, G26, PM9, CW40, CZ Rami and S&W 642.....so I really don't need this new Bersa offering to fill any void I have in my carry stable but I just like this Bersa enough to buy it just because I want to own one. No other reason really matters does it?
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Very good review. I have the thunder 380 and its a great pistol for the money. I have been looking at slim ultra compact 9mms for a summer carry piece for a while. And i cant wait to handle one. Im glad I waited I think this pistol will be a big player in the thin 9mm market.

Can't wait for the shooting video. Can you provide some comparison to other handguns for a relative size reference? Looks like a great gun. I've had a Bersa Thunder 9uc for a while and I love it. This looks very promising.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Can't wait for the shooting video. Can you provide some comparison to other handguns for a relative size reference? Looks like a great gun. I've had a Bersa Thunder 9uc for a while and I love it. This looks very promising.
    BP is closest to a Kahr CW9....Kahr is just a tad lighter and shorter. Width is right on.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

A friend of mine just got one and brought it over today. It felt a little rough in the action, so apart it came and we went to knocking sharp edges down with a stone. We stoned the rails, the rail slots in the slide, and the FPS lever. Boy did that slick this little pistol up! No more crunch and tick feeling when cycling and dry firing.

The feed ramp is generously angled like a CZ, but had tool marks that ran across it. We wet sanded it with some 600 grit and hit it with some metal polish via a dremel cloth wheel and it was mirror smooth.

Next was to hand cycle some rounds through it to see how smooth the feed cycle was. We noticed an occasional tendency for a few rounds to stop feeding due to the case mouth hanging up on the 9 o'clock edge of the chamber entrance. Upon closer inspection and a comparison to the edge of the chamber on my G26, the Bersa chamber didn't have any chamfer at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. The dremel came out again with a stone to lightly dress the chamber entrance edges followed by a polishing of the newly dressed area. Hand feeding was slick as a whistle after this.

The only thing that bothers me is the mag disconnect safety feature. We took the little mechanism out completely, but the gun would not reset the trigger without it. From what we could see, the only solution would be to add some metal to the bottom of the finger that contacts the back of the magazine when inserted in the pistol. That way, the finger couldn't fall to the position it does when the mag is removed. In the meantime, we will be brainstorming for a solution to this pesky unwanted feature.

Next was some live fire. We fired about 75 rounds of my 135 grain minor power factor target loads for IDPA followed by some 147gr Federal HST. The little Bersa handled it all in stride, even with some weak handed shooting thrown in.

As compared to my G26, the Bersa is about 1/16" narrower across the slide, about the same length, and much narrower in the grip, albeit the Bersa grip is longer. As thin as the grip of the Bersa is, concealment would be no problem at all with a holster that holds the grip close to the body. Another feature worth noting is a much shorter distance from the back of the grip to the trigger. A lot of smaller female hands are really going to like this little pistol for ease of trigger reach as compared to the much longer reach to the Glock trigger.

Thanks for the pics...looks very promising indeed!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Bersa BP 9cc

When I first looked at the Bersa BP 9cc I loved it and was looking for a part polymer 9mm. However after seeing videos and reading the specs etc. I decided to buy the Ruger SR9c and I am very happy with the Ruger... The big reason I passed on the BP 9cc is because it had no manual safety and a light trigger. Say what you want but I like a Safety.

I bought one a month ago and shot it a ton and like it. Great fit for my large hands with full grip. Slightly wider than my PF9 but full hand grip.

It is a keeper.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links