Defensive Carry banner

3" 1911

10K views 40 replies 34 participants last post by  Chief1297 
#1 ·
hi everyery,
i would like to start off by asking everyone who knows anything or personaly ownes a compact 1911
i am in the market for one badly but its hard for me to search google and understand what brands are good or bad and what to goto a gunstore when i get home and ask to look at if they do not have it.
i am looking to keep the bill under$600 or around so this rules out kimber.
i would like to know what manufactures make a reputibal compact 1911 for a decent price tag!
thanks everyone and pics of thoes who own them and carry them will be awesome and what kind of holster you use.

take care and be safe everyone
semper fi -keith

#30 ·
Kreinert6, Lots of good info here already. I have a Citadel Compact model (3 1/2 barrel) that's one of my main cc guns. Although made by same manufacturer as RIA, I chose the Citadel as it had better sights and a few other upgrades. I also have an American Classis Commander model w/ 4 1/4" barrel. I think the Citadel carries a little easier than the Commander. I shoot both pretty well. On the other hand, I really like the deep blue finish of AC better than the Citadel's Parkerized finish. Most recently I bought a Kahr CW45. It has a polymer frame w/ ss slide and DAO trigger. Weighs only 20 ounces empty. It's nice and thin like the 1911's, but is much lighter. Once it's broken in, it might become my #1 cc gun. After hundreds of rounds, goth the Citadel and AC have been very reliable, as has the Kahr (although it only has 50 rounds through it). You can check the net for prices, but all three should easily come in under $600 w/ plenty left over for ammo.:smile: I bought the Kahr last week for only $330 + $25 transfer fee. Good luck w/ your search!:wink:

#31 ·
Check out Sarco, Inc., Firearms, Firearms Parts and Accessories look at their shotgun news ads,the sell the RIA 1911's for under $500.00 then figure in shipping and transfer fees at the gunshop it is shipped to.I carried a RIA 1911 compact for several years,It ate everything I stuck in it,and still shoots tight groups when I pull it out of my bag at the range.I bought mine when they were going for $369.00

#34 ·
Have a 1st year production Colt Officer's Model. It's been worked(had to be in those days)...but I love it. I run Wilson 7 rd'ers and she'll digest the old CCI "Flying Ashtrays"(200gr HP's)...which was famous for choking 1911's.

#38 ·
I have 2 3" 1911s- A Detonics SS Combat Master MkVI and a Para-Ordnanace WartHog. Both have served me well in my LEO career of 42 yrs. Both met full Agancy requirements w/o issues on 4 quals per yr with duty carry ammo (Fed +P Tactical) and have killed cows,varmints and feral hogs and dogs as needed. Don't carry the Detonics much any more (got it for $750 w 2 mag and extra recoil spring assembly) {BTW it takes 1911 single stack mags fine} after seeing 2 at a Gun Show going for 1.2K! Got the Para for $590 cash w/ 2 mags(10 rds) and have 2 Para P14 mags that fit and feed well too. I maintain all my weapons very well and have had much pleasure in shooting these 2. The Pearce Mag Floor Plate is a very desirable addition to the Wart Hog's mags! It bucks w/o that extra finder hold!

#40 ·
I had a Kimber UC II, and I finally got tired of trying to figure out the correct magazine/ammo combo to to make it run reliably. Sold it. Concealed great, and shot great, just way too many FTF. By comparison, my Springfield Mil-Spec has NEVER given me a problem...cost less, and is much more reliable. Yeah, it's tougher to conceal, but I trust it, and that is what matters most.

#41 ·
+100 on the Rock Compact. I carry mine daily and recommend it. Just make sure you grip it like you mean it. I truly believe that a weak grip and flexible wrist causes some of the problems you see in a short barreled 1911. Just my opinion though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.