3" 1911

This is a discussion on 3" 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check out Sarco, Inc., Firearms, Firearms Parts and Accessories look at their shotgun news ads,the sell the RIA 1911's for under $500.00 then figure in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 3" 1911

Check out Sarco, Inc., Firearms, Firearms Parts and Accessories look at their shotgun news ads,the sell the RIA 1911's for under $500.00 then figure in shipping and transfer fees at the gunshop it is shipped to.I carried a RIA 1911 compact for several years,It ate everything I stuck in it,and still shoots tight groups when I pull it out of my bag at the range.I bought mine when they were going for $369.00
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Pretty good price for RIA Compact @ Sargco.....$380. On 2nd to last page, near bottom, on left hand side.

I was on the Springfield Armory website the other day and they had quite a few compact .45's. Now i will admit I am not up on the prices or what would be considered a proper weight for a compact .45's but I thought I would toss out another brand you may want to look at.

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Have a 1st year production Colt Officer's Model. It's been worked(had to be in those days)...but I love it. I run Wilson 7 rd'ers and she'll digest the old CCI "Flying Ashtrays"(200gr HP's)...which was famous for choking 1911's.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

While out of the OP's budget range I simply need to give a nod to my Colt New Agent. Eats anything. Nice shooter, but any quality gun is.

My vote would be for the Kimber CDPII, a lil pricey but I think its money well spent
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    My Rock Island Compact=3.5" holds 7+1 Accurate and Reliable all for under $500.

I have 2 3" 1911s- A Detonics SS Combat Master MkVI and a Para-Ordnanace WartHog. Both have served me well in my LEO career of 42 yrs. Both met full Agancy requirements w/o issues on 4 quals per yr with duty carry ammo (Fed +P Tactical) and have killed cows,varmints and feral hogs and dogs as needed. Don't carry the Detonics much any more (got it for $750 w 2 mag and extra recoil spring assembly) {BTW it takes 1911 single stack mags fine} after seeing 2 at a Gun Show going for 1.2K! Got the Para for $590 cash w/ 2 mags(10 rds) and have 2 Para P14 mags that fit and feed well too. I maintain all my weapons very well and have had much pleasure in shooting these 2. The Pearce Mag Floor Plate is a very desirable addition to the Wart Hog's mags! It bucks w/o that extra finder hold!

+1 on the rock island armory 1911 a1 cs got mine a couple months ago and i love it cant go wrong
    prepare for the worst;Hope for the best

I had a Kimber UC II, and I finally got tired of trying to figure out the correct magazine/ammo combo to to make it run reliably. Sold it. Concealed great, and shot great, just way too many FTF. By comparison, my Springfield Mil-Spec has NEVER given me a problem...cost less, and is much more reliable. Yeah, it's tougher to conceal, but I trust it, and that is what matters most.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

+100 on the Rock Compact. I carry mine daily and recommend it. Just make sure you grip it like you mean it. I truly believe that a weak grip and flexible wrist causes some of the problems you see in a short barreled 1911. Just my opinion though.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links