Glock 19 Gen 4 holding back distribution ?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 holding back distribution ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it true Glock is holding back distribution of G19 Gen 4 ? I have tried to locate one in Denver for weeks and talked ...

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 holding back distribution ?

Is it true Glock is holding back distribution of G19 Gen 4 ? I have tried to locate one in Denver for weeks and talked to a salesman at Bass Pro who said they might be holding back to sell out the G3's and or to fix issues with the G4. They have not been able to get orders filled ! Any insight here ?

You can certainly find them around, especially online, if you really want one. I doubt very much that Glock is going to stop making the Gen3 guns even if Gen4 problems go away. That said, I'd wait until the kinks get worked out in the Gen4s.

I may be wrong, but I believe Glock make production runs of particular models at a time. So, it may be that the supplies of the last batch of G19 Gen 4's has run dry in certain areas. As it is a very popular model, I'm sure another run is coming soon.

Ya could call them.....

Ive seen a few of them here in ohio, I have a Gen4 23 that I bought and love it...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe Glock make production runs of particular models at a time. So, it may be that the supplies of the last batch of G19 Gen 4's has run dry in certain areas. As it is a very popular model, I'm sure another run is coming soon.

Ya could call them.....
    I think the issues are definitely problem and are slowing things down a bit, but I think they are also selling less as well. M&P has been stealing market share left and right. PD's and State Patrol's are converting on a regular basis. Honestly who knows, I can sure tell you that when I spoke to customer service about my Gen 4 they came across as polite, but totally overwhelmed. They should be able to kick out these pistols pretty fast though so it's a mystery.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Glockmeister carries them on a regular basis, and they'll customize them to your specifications.

I've seen Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19s side by side in gun stores.

Sponsored Links